The simFlight Network Forums

Exclude region MyTrafficX

rossb

Hi,

Is there an easy wa for me to exclude/prevent MyTrafficX generating and displaying traffic for a particular region. I had Jf UT previously and it was a case of unchecking the region and reinstalling the flight plans. Is this possible in MyTrafficX? I would like to exclude Australia as I am using OrbX AI package down under.

Regards,

Ross.

This has never been proposed before and isn't foreseen yet. It poses a lot of logical problems, since even in a region like Australia many flights do not originate in Australia itself. ( but in OXXX, VXXX,WXXX,RXXX, NXXX,PXXX or KXXX, FXXX and SXXX) .The idea is that instead, if there really is an airline or aircraft missing in MyTraffic, you add it to the editor and create a new set of flight plans from there. Mixing several flight plans based on an incoherent approach will not give any good results I'm afraid.

So what do you consider missing in MyTraffic X Professional for Australia?

Hi Burkhard,

Thankyou for the prompt reply!!! It's not that I consider anything missing in MyTraffixX in OZ just that I already have all of the AI flight plans and aircraft from the OrbX AI package installed. Also it seems like some of the parking positions are out when using MyTrafficX in OZ airports as the airports are not standard FSX ones. That is the only reason I wish to exclude OZ. If it can't be done then I can live with it :D

Regards,

Ross.

Could you explain more what about the airports. So OrbX - I know nothing about them to be honest - does contain FSX airports? MyTraffic aircraft do not park where they should, but elsewhere? In this case the order in scenery priority could already solve this in most cases, since the MyTraffic aircraft contain the parking codes in the usual convention. Or what exactly is the problem - I always am open to improve things and must understand as good as possible.

Hi Burkhard,

The OrbX products are a set of scenery products that cover Australia, they also include cutom payware and freeware versions of the default FSX airports for that region.

http://www.fullterrain.com/

You are correct that the scenery order has solved the parking problem. It was that the aircraft were parking in the car parks etc in custom Airports! So you had a Cessna surrounded by cars for example :D

Regards,

Ross.

So if this solves most of the problems, that was easy :lol:

If you find an airport where this does not help, or where you see aircraft parking over each other, go to the folder MyTraffic\scenery and look for a file BR2_ICAO.bgl, where ICAO is the code of the airport, as example YPAD, and rename that to .passive to ensure it is no longer used.