The simFlight Network Forums

BU0836X, Encoders and FSUIPC

Yes, that's is what I meant as one click/turn. A 360 will be 10 - 30 clicks/turns, so I would need to turn around 30 times to get up to full 360 degrees turn on the rotary.

My question was that I was looking to turn/click and get 1 degree changed on the DI. One click now gives me 0.5 degree change on this instrument, would be possible to get 1 degree?

I increased the pulse width to 88ms and kept the pollinterval to 15 and it looks better, it is missing less pulses.

I'll need to retest it with a better fps rate on FSX. Will also test on the others instruments.

Pete, appreciate your help and will soon get in touch here again. Soon enough will get my yoke and will go to the real deal. 3 flights now to go to get my PPL. :)

Cheers mate.

Filipe

One click now gives me 0.5 degree change on this instrument, would be possible to get 1 degree?

Just make the same assignment twice in the INI file. FSUIPC will process all assignments to a button, all the press assignments when pressed, all the release assignments when released, so you want a total of 4 assignments to each, 2 press, 2 release. You can only do that in the INI file.

I increased the pulse width to 88ms and kept the pollinterval to 15 and it looks better, it is missing less pulses.

I'll need to retest it with a better fps rate on FSX. Will also test on the others instruments.

it really isn't worth testing on a system giving only 10 fps. You'll probably have to readjust things afterwards.

3 flights now to go to get my PPL. :)

Well done. I was about to go solo in preparation for my eagerly anticipated PPL when I failed to get a medical certificate -- that's when I discovered I had Retinitis Pigmentosa, which a few years later also meant i wasn't allowed to drive a car either. Hence my deeper involvement with simulators.

Regards

Pete

• 6 months later...

Hey Pete..

Some time and I'm back, got busy with work and holidays and now concentrating on my sim again.

Sorry to hear you could not be flying any more, but good to hear that your passion for aviation hasn't put you down. I now got my PPL and converting to a Piper Archer II.. :)

I've made some progress on my sim getting ignition key and switches (lights, master and avionics) working on FSX. Getting more familiar with it and will be able to expand more. My rotary encoders, as we discussed on this topic are working, but I need a proper test on a better computer to see how precise it is going with not missed pulses.

I'm also planing to setup buttons and rotary encoders for radios, gps, adf, etc. basically emulate the image on a lcd monitor and use the buttons and rotary to play around it. Would you have web site(s) where I could find these push button switches? No luck on Google. I've seen many dual rotary encoders to use on changing the frequencies, etc, but not the little push buttons.

Thanks.

Filipe

Would you have web site(s) where I could find these push button switches? No luck on Google. I've seen many dual rotary encoders to use on changing the frequencies, etc, but not the little push buttons.

Buttons of various types are usually easier to find than rotary encoders, especialy those dual concentric types! I get my supplies from places in the UK like Maplins and Conrad. I think Conrad is multinational, you'll need to check. the UK site is http://www.conrad.com/Components.htm?websale7=conrad-int&ci=SHOP_B2C_TAB_COMPONENTS.

Regards

Pete