The simFlight Network Forums

Error on FS9 startup after Fsuipc 3.98 install

I found the "add-on" with fsconnect.dll inside.

It's the X52 Pro Interface for FS9 for the SAITEK game controller X52Pro which I have.

How strange. I know Saitek use FSUIPC for some of their add-ons. FSConnect too? Hmm. Or is it not a Saitek program?

[LATER] Ah, I see it is a separate freeware accessory program. What do you use it for? does it provide more features than the Saitek implementation?

If you download and install from here : http://blackswift.free.fr/files/Install-en.zip

you will find this DLL.

Okay. I'll try it, though without an X52 to use it with I suspect it won't do anything here. I'll try anyway.

[LATER]

No. That add-on won't even run unless it can find some software which is installed for the X52 hardware. Do you have to have that X52 add-on software running already in order to have the FSUIPC loading problem? If not, and it isn't being loaded at the same time as FS/FSUIPC, then knowing it's that software doesn't help narrow down the problem at ll. Unless you have something else using FSConnect as well.

Regards

Pete

Hi to everybody,

I've followed your discussion because I've got the same problem.

I think I found a solution for "our" problem with FSConnect.dll and the Saitek stick with the software by Blackswift:

-> rename aaX52PI4FS9.dll to X52PI4FS9.dll in your folder ..:\fs2004\modules and FS2004 will start without an error (so this DLL loads after FSConnect.dll and FSUIPC.dll)

-> please check if everything works fine following this renaming (one of my sons is calling me ;-))

Hope this helps, kind regards from Vienna

Guenther

I think I found a solution for "our" problem with FSConnect.dll and the Saitek stick with the software by Blackswift:

-> rename aaX52PI4FS9.dll to X52PI4FS9.dll in your folder ..:\fs2004\modules and FS2004 will start without an error (so this DLL loads after FSConnect.dll and FSUIPC.dll)

-> please check if everything works fine following this renaming (one of my sons is calling me ;-))

Ah thanks. So, something this "aaX52P14FS9.dll" is doing during initialisation is clobbering things. I haven't reproduced it here so I assume that DLL only does whatever it is if an X52 is actually connected? Or does it only need the X52 drivers to also be installed?

Regards

Pete

Well, at the moment I'm not at home, so I can't verify the following (but I assume)

- aaX52P14FS9.dll starts and checks if there is a X52 stick (hardware)

- next it checks if a communication with FSConnect.dll can be established

Quotation from the reference manual by Blackswift: "Once the program installed and configured, plug the controller on the computer, then launch FS2004. The X52PI4FS9.dll module launches the X52 Pro Interface for FS9.exe program for you (you may also disable the module and launch the executable program by yourself). The "X52 Pro Interface for FS9.exe" program checks out for the presence of the joystick (if not present it waits for 10 seconds before exiting), for FSConnect and loads the pages in the MFD."

- by running in the background it handles the output of some parameters to the little MFD of the stick

So I assume it will not be possible to check this without having connected a X52 stick - but maybe I'm wrong.

Kind regards,

Guenther