The simFlight Network Forums
ducaud

Problem with modified AFCAD

I have added a new freeware airport scenery for Santiago, Chile (SCEL) which includes the new runway. It came with AF2_SCEL.bgl (AFCAD FILE). I updated the database, but every time I am at SCEL, FScommander displays the Stock Scenery, I guess it is using the stock FS9 sceney for SCEL (AFCAD_SCEL.bgl). How could I make FS commander display the addon scenery afcad and not the default FS9?

Thanks

Juan

Thanks for your reply, yes I have updated the database many times after I add scenery. As a matter of fact the same thing happens with KMIA, FS Commander loads the stock scenery.

Ok,

Do you have the newest version of FSC ?

In FSC folder filename = FSCDBM_FS09.LOG

Open it and go to the last few lines and read for possible errors.

See in the log for your new scenery.

Can you go to new scenery in MSFS aircraft and top down view see new scenery / runway etc?

Hi Volker, I have forgot to include my configuration. Here it is.

Config:

Windows 7 64bit

FS 2004

FS Commander 8.6

FSUIPC version 3.96

Wide FS 6.78

Thanks,

Juan

Thanks Vaughan, I have FSC version 8.6. I opened the FSCDBM_FS09.LOG file and both add on sceneries are correct and their status is active. there are no errors on the file.

If I go into MSFS and go top down view I can see all of the features on the addon scenery. They are active. If I look at the map from FSC I only see the default airport.

Thanks

Juan

Juan,

Have you added other AFCAD updates that worked ok with FSC in the past or is the first scenery update for you?

That is a good question Vaughan, I have plenty of add on scenery, and here is the first time that I noticed this because I was in FS9 taking off from a runway I could perfectly see in FS9, while the laptop next to my pc on which I run FS Commander in Wide FS showed my aircraft in the middle of nowhere.

I have found already three airports like this. In the other ones it is possible that the stock AFCADs are similar with modified ones.

Do you know how FS Commander decides which one to use?

Thanks

Juan

Hi Juan,

have youread this: viewtopic.php?f=155&t=78476

andhave you done so?

If your answer is YES, please sent following file FSCDBM_FS09.LOG to my e-mail adress, which you find at the bottom on our homepage.

Please add also some ICAO codes from some airport's you are missing to the e-mail.

Volker

Thanks Volker, I have installed FSC on the root of the C drive, not under program files, and I have also disabled user controls.

I have sent you the file via email.

Juan