The simFlight Network Forums

EHAM problems with FSC.

rhodges

Hello:

1. Originated a flightplan with FSC from KJFK to EHAM.

2. Saved flightplan in the FSC, PMDG, and Flight Simulator X Files folders.

3. Converted the plan to PF2000 with the OnCourse FS9/FSX FPlan Converter.

4. In the SelectFLT option of Proflight2000, selected my saved flight (PFE-KJFKEHAM.pln).

5. The flightplan would not compile (Compile option in PF2000 is never highlighted and active).

6. Recompiled a flight plan with only the origin (KJFK) and destination (EHAM) with no other waypoints. Still would not compile.

7. Originated a flight from EGLL to EHAM: Would not compile (Origin and destination only).

8. Originated a flight from EHAM to EGLL: Still would not compile Origin and destination only).

9. Originated a flight from KJFK to EHVB (destination, a Navy base some 15 miles SW of EHAM) Flightplan compiled flawlessly.

Conclusion: For some reason, EHAM is not recongnized when I try to compile the flightplan. At this point, I thought the problem was in PFE/PF2000. However, please note the following:

10, Originated a KJFKEHAM flight plan with the intergral FSX Flight Planner. The flightplan compiled flawlessly in PFE/PF2000 which I think lets them off the hook.

Within the flightplans saved in the Flight Simulator X Files folder, there is something different between the FSC originated EHAM, and the FSX Planner Map originated EHAM . The FSC choice with this airport does not compile in PFE/PF2000, but when selected from the FSX Flight Planning map, she works fine. Of course, the effort required to originate such a flight with the FSX planner is prohibitive. However, the same holds true if only the origin/destination are implemented. The flight will not compile with EHAM selected from FSC, but will with the same airport selected by the FSX planner.

I have compiled countless FSC originated flightplans within PFE/PF2000 with FSC for both FS9 and FSX over many months, and this is the first glitch of this sort I have found, so this in no way is meant to flame anything.

Any Ideas?

Respectfully:

RTH

Thought this might be of interest to others. Thanks to Dave March with OnCourse, the problem has been identified. It also is probably not unique to EHAM, the location in question originally posted, but may pertain to any or all locations below sea level.

The following is a copy of the dialogue with Dave:

Copy:

"Please email me a copy of the FSC flight plan that will not compile and I'll tell you why

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk"

"Thanks Dave:

I have emailed the attached flight plan as you requested.

Regards:"

Here's the problem.... if you look at the 'destination_id' line it reads

destination_id=EHAM, N52* 18.48', E004* 45.85', +-000013.00

Change it to

destination_id=EHAM, N52* 18.48', E004* 45.85', -000013.00

The FP will then compile. I would also be tempted to change the waypoint.29 line

waypoint.29=EHAM, A, N52* 18.48', E004* 45.85', +-000013.00,

to

waypoint.29=EHAM, A, N52* 18.48', E004* 45.85', -000013.00,

It will compile without this last change leaving it as it is is obviously not correct

Seems FSC flight planner has a problem with airports below sea level

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk"

Happy Flying:

RTH