The simFlight Network Forums

MyTraffic 5.2b title errors

SoulFlight

Hello to everyone,

I have a serious problem with the MTX 5.2b installation. Since I tried to upgrade from 5.2 to 5.2b (via the large installer file provided by communicator), I get these nasty 1000+ error messages on FSX startup regarding object titles for each aircraft. So I can only enter FSX after half an hour of holding ENTER.

I know which problem causes this message, but I simply cannot search for and remove 5000+ double entries in all MTX aircraft.cfg-files as this would be a fulltime job for years.

I tried a clean uninstall of MTX according to the manual (with manual removement of the MTX entry in scenery.cfg since im not able to enter FSX anymore) and reinstalled everything via the 5.2b installer file.

The Problem is still there, strangely even if Mytraffic is removed from scenery library, so, if anyone has an idea, please help.

thanks in advance

It looks like you have a dual entry in FSX.cfg for MyTraffic. This was a bug in the Aerosoft installer if you ever installed MyTraffic 2010. Go to %appdata%/Microsoft/FSX and edit FSX.cfg

You will see a line simobjects.6=MyTraffic\aircraft and I assume a second one simobjects.7=MyTraffic\aircraft . Remove the second and the problem will be gone.