The simFlight Network Forums

GPS connecting

Hello again, I have now two icons to connect to respective FS9 and FSX. In the latter everything is working just fine. In FS9 I do have some problem. After having filled in a simple flightplan ESSA to ESSG and after connecting to FS9 the map is showing ESSA airport, but clicking on destination the map is still showing ESSA. After disconnecting FS9 it works. The GPS window will not appear in the aircraft. I wonder what causes this problem.

Leonard

Hi Vaughan, I have read those pages in the manual, but do not include my problem. While connected to FS9 I can see the GPS window "everywhere" even on my empty sreen, but as soon I open FS9 it is behind. I can see it when I close down FS again. This is peculiar. FS9 is as far as I understand in default 2-D.

What to do?

Leonard

Leonard,

What does this mean? "While connected to FS9 I can see the GPS window "everywhere" even on my empty sreen, but as soon I open FS9 it is behind."

As far as I know when you are connected to FS9 it has to be also "open"....?

Well, with FS9 running, go to VIEW in the top menu and check which view you are in?

What is checked?

Is full screen checked?

If so, uncheck it.

Now you are in windowed mode.

Right click on your FS9 screen.

Verify you can switch to Virtual Cockpit (3D) view.

Then verify you can switch to 2D cockpit view.

Now is the GPS visible?