The simFlight Network Forums
F.Schmid

FSC does not accept changing FP

Hi, Volker

I have experienced some problems when trying to change a flightplan under certain circumstances.

Let me detail the procedure with an example, which I believe it will be better to understand and reproduce:

High altitude flight from SPQU to SELT. Inserting both airports and clicking High Alt Plan I get: SPQU EQU UT220 LAKUN UB677 ASI UV11 LIM UV1 SLS UG426 PAKOK SELT.

On the lower box of 'show flightplan' window I try to change the FP to: SPQU KATOS UB677 ASI UV11 LIM UV1 SLS UG426 PAKOK SELT. After introducing KATOS fix and removing UT220 and LAKUN, I click Ok. The FP does not accept this specific KATOS fix because of another with the same name at N28 56 65 - E051 26 48 at 7585NM from the first one. So it changes the FP and moves my second waypoint to this far one, although I still got SPQU KATOS UB677 ASI UV11 LIM UV1 SLS UG426 PAKOK SELT.

I expected FSC to accept the specific waypoint I choose so is there a way to correct this problem? Maybe I'm missing something here.

Regards

Schmid

WinXP SP3

FSX SP2

FSC 8.6 + DBM 8.6 downloaded

FSUIPC 4.60a registered

AIRAC 1004

Schmid,

Edit:

I did see correctly the waypoint KATOS-15.806111 -72.356945 on the map.

You could do a user defined waypoint for now.

Also, KATOS is not in UB677 so I tried:

SPQU ASI UV11 LIM UV1 SLS UG426 PAKOK SELT (it is OK).

Then manually added KATOS to this FP using the waypoint entry .. which gave 2 KATOS's to pick from.

For now it is a quick fix.

New plan retults:

SPQU KATOS ASI UV11 LIM UV1 SLS UG426 PAKOK SELT

Hi, Vaughan

I may have mispelled my words: I do see KATOS and yes, it does not belong to UB677 as it is a GPS fix, not an intersection.

Instead KATOS I chose SOLIM, a few miles ahead and it worked, so no need to create a user defined waypoint. What I'm trying to bring to discussion and, maybe, some kind of fix for FSC8.7 (if there will be one) is that FSC should accept the waypoint added to flightplan.

Maybe I'm saying some stupid thing here (my apologies if so) but it seems that intersection has precedence over GPS fix when both have coincident names so although you choose the second one, FSC will disregard this option and set the intersection instead, messing your desired flightplan.

Regards

Schmid

Hi Schmid,

the structure of the routestring based on following rules (as written in the current document under Creating a flight plan from an airway route)

AIRPORT WAYPOINT AIRWAY WAYPOINT AIRWAY…….WAYPOINT AIRPORT

IMPORTANT: each waypoint MUST BE a part of an airway

You CAN NOT insert a VOR, NDB or FIX into the route string, because there are NOT a part of an airway.

You CAN insert a waypoint which is NOT a part of an airway by adding a waypoint into the flight plan

(as written in the manual under Inserting new waypoints before and after)

Regards,

Volker

Volker,

This route, entered into the flight plan text box and then press OK button, did not work:

SPQU KATOS ASI UV11 LIM UV1 SLS UG426 MIRLO PAKOK SELT

KATOS = 7000 miles away

Hi Vaughan,

I'm sure that my english is not so very well to explain exactly what I want to say.

You are right, KATO is an intersection on an airway but not on an airway which is connected to ASI intersection.

The rules are, for example:

Int ASI is on an airway -

airway UV11 which is connected to ASI -

Int LIM which is connected to airway UV11 and also connected to airway UV1

airway UV1 which is connected to LIM and also to Int SLS -

Int SLS which is connected to airway UV1and so on.

Regards,

Volker

Volker,

Yes, correct.

I was trying to say .. if KATOS is needed in the flight plan it could be added .. not as part of airway.

Sorry if my post added confusion.

FP3.jpg

Hi, Volker

Crystal clear for me now. Of course! As KATOS do not belong to UB677 it is impossible to follow the WAYPOINT/AIRWAY/WAYPOINT rule...

Vaughan: after right clicking to insert the waypoint to flightplan you are not supposed to click 'OK' again. If you do so, FSC will send you to the other side of the world, and that was my problem... :lol:

Thank you both!

Kind regards

Schmid

Schmid,

You said:

"Vaughan: after right clicking to insert the waypoint to flightplan you are not supposed to click 'OK' again. If you do so, FSC will send you to the other side of the world, and that was my problem... "

That is true. I agree with you.

Actually I mentioned:

"This route, entered into the flight plan text box and then press OK button, did not work:

SPQU KATOS ASI UV11 LIM UV1 SLS UG426 MIRLO PAKOK SELT

So later I posted the screenshot on how to add KATOS without pressing the OK button.

Have a good flight.