The simFlight Network Forums

Connecting GPSout to GPS III Pilot

Pete Downson

It's actually "Dowson". Only one 'n'.

you can send to me the same program than you send to tuomas

That was a long time ago -- almost a year in fact!

Please check the "supported releases" announcement near the top of this forum, where you will see that the latest GPSout, version 2.60, does feature all those changes done way back then!

Regards,

Pete

Hehehe, sorry about the error

I have instal the GPSout 2,6 but i cant make he work, how i configure the GPSout and the GPS III to make the interface?(i are novice with GPS too hehehehhee)

Thank by help!!!!!

gpsout.ini in FS9 Modules-folder:

[GPSout]
Sentences=AV400
Interval=1000
Port=COM1
Speed=9600

(if you have it on COM1)

On the GPS you need to do two things:

[*]In the INTERFACE -setting on the config, set it to "Aviation IN"

[*]You need to set it to SIMULATOR MODE

If still in doubt, see the Garmin manual as on how to do those things.

//Tuomas

thanks for the help, but i think than i have found the error, my GPS is the Garmin GPS III(not pilot), he dont have the option "aviation in", he only have: GARMIN, NMEA, RTCM/NMEA, RTCM/TEXT and TEXT OUT.

well, more one time, thank for the help

Yep, only the aviation gps'es have the protocol support.

//Tuomas

• 1 month later...

hi people!

I have find this information about the Garmin GPS III

He have a input system, the DGPS.His DGPS use a data code with name of:RTCM SC- 104

this is the code used on almost all land GPS

There is how to ircorporate this code to GPSout?

Thank you and good day

He have a input system, the DGPS.His DGPS use a data code with name of:RTCM SC- 104

this is the code used on almost all land GPS

There is how to ircorporate this code to GPSout?

I think that is a specification reference for connection of external GPS aerial/receivers direct to a GPS. It relates to something called the "differential NavStar GPS service". See http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/pubs/dgps/rctm104/Default.htm

I certainly don't think it is anything you can link to a PC nor drive with GSPout. Sorry.

Regards,

Pete

I found this link, i wait then help if you want to make the RTCM :roll:

http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/gps/dgpsiUTHORS.txt

Thank you, good night

I think you are still misunderstanding something. The protocol you are talking about is one used by GPS's to get more accurate positions vis differential signal analysers. Even the first lines of the place you point to shows that it isn't anything to do with the initial job of telling the GPS where it basically is:

This document attempts to define the current best practices for

programs connecting to the GPS differential correction server at

dgps.wsrcc.com on port 2101 (rtcm-sc104)

Differential corrections are are way of using multiple signals to make an original measured position even more accurate. They are used by surveyors and the like for plotting positions for building foundations and so on.

Sorry, but I don't think any of this is relevant to the simple job of getting an FS position out of a PC and into a GPS, bypassing all of the GPS receiver functions. Trying to send differential correction signals to an operating GPS, to make its satellite measured position more accurate, certainly won't tell it where the FS aircraft is in the PC.

Pete