The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC - VRINSIGHT: HRESULT: 0xC000014B

no, HRESULT error....

Is that, "no (good), (still) HRESULT error", or "no HRESULT ERROR (whoopee)"?

If the former, then it is getting really really badnow the ONLY activity different from using the Lua connection only is occurring before SimConnect is involved in FSUIPC at all.

I've only one more thing to try -- the separate thread. It's getting towards the point where I'm going to have to consider withdrawing the facility. :-(

Pete

I beta test for HIFI and I've never had any reconnecting problems in any build of ASX, ASA or ASE after shutting down FSX and restarting it (well not attributable to VRInsight stuff anyway, it was a problem in early ASA testing but we squished that bug a long long time ago and there was no error message, it just wouldn't connect until you restarted ASA), even with all my VRInsight gear going at once, I would guess its something specific to guenseli's PC.

no, unfortunately it is no whoopee...

I was in a little hurry, before. sorry that it was not clear.

Just tested it again, but also with no success.

So, the message is:

"no (good), (still) HRESULT error"

I really, really wonder what with my system could be other than with yours.

You said, ASE is proper reconnecting!?

ASE is really changing its nearest station/airport if you change your airport after restarting FSX?

I have fresh installed OS and fresh installed FSX and no tweaks, no services disabled, all updates automatic....

The world is inequitably.... :roll:

One "hint" for you (don't know if this is saying a lot):

with AivlaSoft DataProvider I can see the connection behave "live"

And the HRESULT comes not up in the moment when I end FSX.

It comes up in just this second as FSX really closes.

As you certainly know needs FSX a few seconds to close (the time between hitting "ok" and real closure)

You said, ASE is proper reconnecting!?

No, i said I cannot reproduce that here because the only system I can use ASE on is dismantled at present. A PFC engineer is here making changes to my cockpit. I should be able to test correctly next week. But I believe you, and I don't think I'll find anything on my system in any case. That's the problem -- trying to track down a problem which seems so absolutely unrelated to its apparent cause!

ASE is really changing its nearest station/airport if you change your airport after restarting FSX?

Until you asked about this i've never had ASE running between FS restarts. I always close all ancillary programs. Project Magenta has never been terribly friendly on FS restarts and many programs close in any case, automatically.

ASE is running on a Networked PC, not on the FSX PC, but I doubt that this would make a difference.

I suspect most other users of the VRI facilities in FSUIPC are running FS9.

One "hint" for you (don't know if this is saying a lot):

with AivlaSoft DataProvider I can see the connection behave "live"

And the HRESULT comes not up in the moment when I end FSX.

It comes up in just this second as FSX really closes.

But, then, I would always EXPECT a SimConnect failure when a program connected to FSX via SimConnect is still running when FSX closes. It is usual with programs which do not process the "SimConnect Quit" message which occurs when SimConnect detects that FSX is closing.

That shouldn't be any problem. I always thought you were saying that the error occurred when ASE or whatever should be reconnecting when you next load FSX!

Soit sounds like it isn't a START-UP problem as I thought you were describing, but a CLOSE DOWN problem. I'll looks at that instead now you've explained more. ;-)

Regard

Pete

Soit sounds like it isn't a START-UP problem as I thought you were describing, but a CLOSE DOWN problem.

Oh yes, thats right.

I'm ashamed that I figuered this not clearly enough out before...

I try it again just to be sure:

at the (absolute) end of FSX shutting down, I get the HRESULT error.

I don't know what is broken then, but when I then restart FSX, the programs ASE and AivlaSoft EFB can't reconnect to FS

(what they normally should be able to do)

Only a restart of ASE and/or EFB can reconnect the programs to FS.

at the (absolute) end of FSX shutting down, I get the HRESULT error.

I don't know what is broken then, but when I then restart FSX, the programs ASE and AivlaSoft EFB can't reconnect to FS

(what they normally should be able to do)

Only a restart of ASE and/or EFB can reconnect the programs to FS.

Okay -- that makes a difference. I'll try to work out what's different at the END of the session instead of at the BEGINNING! ;-)

Pete

Can you try 4.609 please, with any of the settings which fail?

http://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/FSUIPC4609.zip

This time I've re-vamped the whole operation, with each VRI device in its own thread, just the same as if they were being controlled by Lua programs (which doesn't have the same problems). If this doesn't fix the errors you are getting I'm out of ideas for now. I'll be able to test on my own cockpit by the end of the week, but it is out of commission for now.

Regards

Pete

YOU DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have just tested a few times now, but as the issue was for 100% before and no for zero, I'd like to say, that is resolved.

I have tested it also with VSPE and SerialFP connected which is also working!

Thank you very, very much, Pete!!!!!

As always, you will get a nice cup of tea/coffee, beer, wine (as you prefer) from me when I will ever come to Stoke-On-Trent or if you will visit Berlin :lol:

YOU DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phew! Thank YOU. I don't know what I could have tried next. I still don't understand what causes the problem, but the clue to this solution was that the Lua programs worked but FSUIPC's own VRI stuff didn't -- and the only difference was that FSUIPC was opening and closing the COM ports in the main FS thread whilst the Lua programs are all in their own threads.

I have just tested a few times now, but as the issue was for 100% before and no for zero, I'd like to say, that is resolved.

I have tested it also with VSPE and SerialFP connected which is also working!

Good, very good!

As always, you will get a nice cup of tea/coffee, beer, wine (as you prefer) from me when I will ever come to Stoke-On-Trent or if you will visit Berlin :lol:

Beer it would bethanks!

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Pete and Günter,

I just came across your thread as I did a search for the 0xC000014B error on the net. I encounter this error with EFB from AivlaSoft (like you did, Günter) and together with Urs from AivlaSoft we are looking for a solution. Needless to mention that I run a registered copy of FSUIPC too, right?

I don't use VRInsight and I am not expert enough to be able to understand everything of what you tried to solve the problem. But I saw light at the horizon when I saw you developed a hotfix beta version 4.609... Unfortunately I was not able to download that version from this thread.

Could you provide me with that version? Perhaps it solves my 0xC000014B errors too...!

Thanks a lot.

Christian

I don't use VRInsight and I am not expert enough to be able to understand everything of what you tried to solve the problem. But I saw light at the horizon when I saw you developed a hotfix beta version 4.609... Unfortunately I was not able to download that version from this thread.

Please never try to download updates from out of date threads, at least not without checking first. Take a look at the Updates announcement in this Forum. That's where the latest tested updates are always available. We are up to version 4.614 now.

However, since you are not using the facilities which appeared to exacerbate the problem, I very much doubt that anything changed in FSUIPC will affect the error you are getting. Nevertheless it is worth updating to the latest version. Try it and see.

Pete