The simFlight Network Forums

INSTALLATION PROBLEM.

RECENTLY PURCHASED FSUIPC4 TO USE WITH MY INSTALLED FLIGHT SIMULATOR X DELUXE EDITION WITH THE ACCELERATION VERSION ADDED ON. I HAVE A COMPUTER USING THE WINDOWS 7 PRO OPERATING SYSTEM. AFTER INSTALLING THE PROGRAM A GOT A RESPONSE THAT THE INSTALLATION SUCEEDED BUT NOTHING OPERATED DIFFERENTLY IN FSX. IN TROUBLESHOOTING I FOUND THAT IN THE MODULES FOLDER FSUIPC4.DLL AND FSUIPC4.KEY INSTALLED ALONG WITH A NUMBER OF OTHER ADOBE FILES BUT THE FOLLOWING FILES ARE MISSING FROM THE FOLDER FSUIPC4.INI, PFCFSX.DLL, EPICINFO5.DLL AND THEIR INI, CFG OR LOG FILES. ALSO IN THE FSX VERSIONS I HAVE THERE IS NOMENU FILE TO ACCESS. THE SCREEN THAT SHOWS UP HAS ALL THE MENU ITEMS LISTED IN A COLUMN ON THE LEFT AND WHEN I GO TO SETTINGS I GET A PAGE WITH SLIDERS AS PER THE ORIGINAL INSTALLED VERSION OF FSX BEFORE MY INSTALL OF FSUIPC4. HOPEFULLY YOU HAVE SOME SUGGESTIONS AS THE PRODUCT IS NOT FUNCTIONAL AS IT STANDS.

BUT NOTHING OPERATED DIFFERENTLY IN FSX. IN TROUBLESHOOTING I FOUND THAT IN THE MODULES FOLDER FSUIPC4.DLL AND FSUIPC4.KEY INSTALLED ALONG WITH A NUMBER OF OTHER ADOBE FILES BUT THE FOLLOWING FILES ARE MISSING FROM THE FOLDER FSUIPC4.INI, PFCFSX.DLL, EPICINFO5.DLL AND THEIR INI, CFG OR LOG FILES.

Can you see if you can find the "Caps Lock" key on your keyboard, please, andf use it to turn CAPS off? It is very difficult to read and make sense of.

FSUIPC4 installation does not install PFCFSX.DLL, EPICINFO5.DLL or any of their ancillary files. The FSUIPC4.INI and LOG files are only produced when FSUIPC4 is run.

ALSO IN THE FSX VERSIONS I HAVE THERE IS NOMENU FILE TO ACCESS. THE SCREEN THAT SHOWS UP HAS ALL THE MENU ITEMS LISTED IN A COLUMN ON THE LEFT AND WHEN I GO TO SETTINGS I GET A PAGE WITH SLIDERS AS PER THE ORIGINAL INSTALLED VERSION OF FSX BEFORE MY INSTALL OF FSUIPC4. HOPEFULLY YOU HAVE SOME SUGGESTIONS AS THE PRODUCT IS NOT FUNCTIONAL AS IT STANDS.

You are not looking at the FSX menu. The menu is a horizontal menu bar at the top of the FSX screen when in flight mode. The initial selection dialogue is NOT a menu and is not changed in any way by any add-ons.

Pete

thanks pete i found the menu as you said once i was flying. i am a complete newbie and i kept going to the settings page to calibrate my controls and thought that was where i would find your program controls. should work ok now.

thanks pete i found the menu as you said once i was flying. i am a complete newbie and i kept going to the settings page to calibrate my controls and thought that was where i would find your program controls. should work ok now.

You seem to have posted again in a different thread, but without explaining your problem, and also showing that you are using an unsupported version of FSUIPC.

So, is everything really okay now? Else what is the reason for the other thread?

Pete