The simFlight Network Forums
Burkhard

Announcing MyTraffic X Professional 5.3

Dear friends, thanks to the many help I received from this wonderful community the new major release has got alive today. There are no PATCHES for it available, yet, before you ask :lol:

Let me just add three pictures of it to show what it all is about. Please, if any of you see an nice situation and make a good screen shot, add it here. If you see something bad or report an error, post it elsewhere in an own thread.

post-148-128689716552_thumb.jpg

post-148-128689716572_thumb.jpg

post-148-128689716594_thumb.jpg

Burkhard,

I'm confused. Simmarket states:

ATTENTION: INCREMENTAL UPDATE ONLY !! NO REFUNDS GIVEN!!!

THIS INCREMENTAL UPDATE IS VALID ONLY FOR THE BOXED MYTRAFFIC X VERSIONS 5.1B, 5.2, 5.2A or AEROSOFT MYTRAFFIC 2010 !

If you have the Boxed version 5.1 or 5.1a, please update to 5.1b before you continue.

Purchase qualifies for support through the MyTraffic Forum run by Simmarket

and for any further updates and rebates as the full product!

However in the requirements section it lists 5.2B. Does this update apply to a downloaded version of MyTrafficX updated to 5.2b or is it strictly for the boxed version of the product?

Regards,

Bob

Edit: Well it appears the update price applies to all owners as I just upgraded. However between what is written in requirements and what is written in the upgrade policy things are confusing.

Yes. If you log onto your simMarket account and previously purchased MTX from them the discount is automatically applied at checkout. :D Sin problema.

Where are the patches? :twisted: It's been out for 12 hours already. Just Kidding

Thanks Burkhard

@bmodrow:

That incremental update is for Aerosoft MyTraffic2010 users only, who have bought it at another place than Simmarket and want to switch to MyTraffic Professional now. Everybody who has bought any MyTraffic version since FSX release from Simmarket proceeds through the normal purchase and should find the 65% rebated price automaticaly. If this does not work ( maybe for some reason you changed the account name at Simmarket, or well it is on computers ), contact the Simmarket sales team.

@Psybear:

Yes I will upload a patch today or tomorrow. Most users will never see the problem, but the mechanism to exchange some airports with slower versions having the jetways at lower scenery density does not contain the latest version of a few airports, so don't use that before the patch.

Since I was confused by the instructions, I bought the incremental update by mistake, even though I had 5.2b. It seemed to install fine over 5.2b, with no errors. Do I now have the entire correct install, or should I buy the full 5.3 and reinstall with that?

The result should be binary identical, but please send me a PM, I can give you the full installer to download and backup case you ever need to make a new install.

I really was just kidding about any patches. Looks great so far.

One little question: I installed 5.3 over the established 5.2b. Can I remove the 5.2b installation from Programs & Features now?

Since I was confused by the instructions, I bought the incremental update by mistake, even though I had 5.2b. It seemed to install fine over 5.2b, with no errors. Do I now have the entire correct install, or should I buy the full 5.3 and reinstall with that?

I did the same. I've not tried installing it now after reading the messages earlier in this thread. I agree, the whole thing is rather confusing.

From what you say I should be able to do the install with the update, but I might not be able to re-install if the need ever arises? Please clarify. Should I proceed or not?

Regards

Pete

Like others I have now purchased the incremntal and the 5.3 full version !

I have installed the Simmarket 5.2b version

Do I just run the 5.3 full version exc file over it , or must I unistall 5.2b and do a new install of 5.3 ?

Thanks

PS Hopefully in the 5.3 version the Singapore Airlines between Singapore and Jakarta has been reintroduced !

My suggestion would be to uninstall 5.2b (following the proper procedure outlined in the manual) and install 5.3 clean. That's what I ended up doing. However, I am aware Burkhard does not care for uninstalls.

You can install over 5.2b which is what I did first and it worked just fine but it did leave some leftovers from 5.2b. Probably not an issue but I just wanted a clean install.

As regards the purchasing It would be inappropriate for me to comment. Suffice it to say, I bought the full 5.3 package from simMarket and the discount/upgrade price was automatically adjusted. Very reasonable.

No need to uninstall 5.2b if you have a full version of 5.3. Simply rename your existing MyTraffic folder (v5.2b) to something like MyTraffic52b and install the full v5.3. Do not go into FSX until v5.3 is installed.

Once v5.3 is installed, as far as FSX is concerned nothing has changed. Now you should have two MyTraffic folders (the renamed 5.2b and the new 5.3). Once you are satisfied that 5.3 is working you can backup and/or delete 5.2b.

I think the only confusion is that whatever you do is right.

MyTraffic installation consists of two parts, the first copies all the installers and the second deletes everything FSX sees in the MyTraffic folders, and then unpacks all the installers to the files FSX sees. Since 5.2b was a superset of MT2010, whatever you do after running the first part you have all the installers right, and then the same procedure is running anyways.

Sorry the text on the Simmarket page was wrong the first night, if that poses any problem or you have any question just send a PM or ask here.

The only difference is that, if you have updated by a new purchase of the full installer rebated you have a new full installer, make a good backup of that. Going over the crossgrade you have an older installer, maybe 5.2a, the incremental 52ab, and now the next incremental, if this bothers you case you ever can imagine to reinstall your FSX send me a PM with your order details.

I've been looking forward to this cross upgrade but just want to confirm it is the right upgrade for my situation. I have the boxed version upgraded to 5.1b. I guess the confusion is wrapped up in this comment from Avsim:

When you go to SimMarkets site, it's says the cross updates requirements are "FSX and MyTraffic X 5.1B, 5.2 or 5.2A or 5.2B". But in bold letters right below it, it says "THIS INCREMENTAL UPDATE IS VALID ONLY FOR AEROSOFT MYTRAFFIC 2010 !". Not real clear if it will work on just Aerosoft 5.1b, or only if you upgraded up to 2010.

As soon as you can confirm that this is the right upgrade from 5.1b, I'll be downloading it.

Thanks!

This is a somehow complicated situation, too complicaed that software can solve it.

Whatever you purchased from Simmarket, the Simmarket Computers know that and can give you the rebate. The update from MT2010 to MTX53 is already 900MB +, but needs about 400MB from MT2010, so isn't usable as stand alone. Any going back further would require the Update to be practically the same as a complete version - and nobody would purchase the full even as start if only let us the say Fokker 27 hasn't been updated since then.

So, such cases that appear a few per week we have to handle manually, and I will send you a PM with instructions how to procedd.

Burkhard,

Thanks for the clarification. Can you send me the same PM, I also have the Aerosoft 5.1b version and want to upgrade to 5.3 but there is no information on the Aersoft website on how to do it.

Well im in the club of people who bought the wrong version, lol, i was pretty sure i bought it from Aerosoft and and when i wanted to download the cross update i saw that i had bought it here, stupid of me to talk on the phone with my boss while shopping :(

Its my own fault, just trying to tell other people not to make the same mistake as i and some others have done ;)

Dennis

Isn't it encouraging when a publisher/provider/developer acts honorably with a legitimate paying customer?

I too, prefer simMarket, Burkhard Renk, Nick Needham and like minded members of the community. They are not just poseurs marketing mega, turbo, sales and then goodbye, auf wiedersehen, see ya latter.

They are solution oriented...not problem oriented. Good deal!

One problem with every online commerce is that it needs trust in an environment that doesn't support this. A good fraction of online purchases still is with stolen credit cards that require a pay back to another account later to wash the money, or other more tricky examples.

It requires some engagement for the costumors to look through each case, determine on which side it is, and act properly. I know that Miguel and his team do so, if you identify a request coming from a loyal costumor you know it is serious, if it comes from an unknown you better are sceptical.

Im happy with Simmarket to, cant complaint about Burkhard either, just the way you answered that you will fix my problem, but i had allready wrote Simmarket and they fixed the problem allready :)

This is great service, especially when this is my own fault, that is allso why i prefer this product and Simmarket, i know the service i get, even if i had to pay a little extra

Dennis