The simFlight Network Forums
Burkhard

Announcing MyTraffic X Professional 5.3

Hi,

Is it possible in this version to select specific countries or continents to be installed? I own both MyTrafficX 5.2, which I could never install due to disk space limitations, and MyTrafficX Lite, which I bought recently in order to address the space issue, but there almost aren't airlines in South America's airspace, so I am looking for the possibility to deploy only a subset of the product.

Thanks a lot,

Marcio

If you have a disk space issue, and your disk is NTFS, you should just switch on the file system compresssion for the MyTraffic folder, maybe all of FSX. This saves about 80% of disk space, and sometimes even is faster.

Most of the disk space used are textures in the aircaft folders, which are very well compressable. So you also just delete aircraft folders that never come to your area, you can easily reinstall them by double clicking to the respective exe under MyTrafficAircraftInstallers.

Hello,

I'd like to buy this add-on, but on the description is the information, that the difficulty level of full usage is 5, to install it. So is it a little difficult or complicate (maybe to much for me) or can do this everyone, who has already installed add-ons like Global 2010 or Super Traffic Board? Many thanks for the answer.

Sami

Hi Sami

The installation of My Traffic X is very easy, quite intuitive, you only have to do 2 basic operations, and both are described after the install.

If your main use for My Traffic is simply have AI traffic, no problem at all, like I said it's easy to install.

After there's something more to be used like My Traffic Communicator, Traffic bgls, MyTraffic X Editor, but even for that, there are lots of threads here in the forum, that help you achieve what you need/want.

To finish you have here at My Traffic Support Forum, the best support you can imagine, so .... if you want my opinion, go for it :D

Regards

Id say go for it to, the install is easy and Many of the advanced features are not that hard, i dont even USD the advanced features myself

Hello all,

I'm quite new to this forum. I've bought MT5.3 a few days ago and I've installed it on FSX (not so easy because I'm running FSX with Seven but you explain very weel to simply click on the blank area to add sceneries, right .. it worked fine). I'll tell you in the next days how it works since didn't have sufficient time to play FSX.

A great thabks to B.Renk anyway !

Philippe :)

Thanks for your head up, welcome, have fun and looking forward to any suggestion what to improve further for 5.3a...

Hello together,

I installed the new My Traffic 5.3 and it's a fantastic Add-on. But I have two questions:

Could somebody tell me, how to create a new flight plan? I did it in the Menu "Network Plan" and add an new plane with time, type destination and so and put the "add-on" button at the end and/or put the "Modify" button (and it was listed in the flight plan list), but nothing happenend in the FSX and on the Super Traffic Board was the new flight not visible. So what did I wrong?

The other question is, what I can do if two planes are visible in the fsx with the same destination and airplane type. In my case it was a Boeing 737-800 from Zurich to Keflavik (Iceland). But this can not be possible. What should I do in this case? Delete the flight in the Network Plan, but then both planes will be deleted. Thanks for your help!

Sami

After you update the networks plan, you have to start the MyTraffic editor and run a complete "Create schedules, files and traffic" cycle to convert this wish list into actual verified schedules.

You second example should be rare, at least with traffic densities below 90%. But depending on from which source these flights come, there may be different strategies required. One thing is that you can use the editor to remove specific flight, select the departure window of that airport and delete the specific operation, then run a "Create files and traffic".

Like several others, I am still unsure if the 5.3 CrossGrade will update Aerosoft MyTraffic X Version 5.2 to the new simFlight MyTraffic X Professional 5.3 version? (since this is a "crossgrade", I assume it is intended to "cross" from Aerosoft to Simflight...)

I realize several others have asked the same question, but the answers seem to be via PM, so I'm still wondering...

Thanks.

Not directly. This crossgrade updates from MyTraffic 2010 to 5.3. If you still have an earlier Aerosoft version, send me a PM for instructions.