The simFlight Network Forums

5.3 Create S, F & T does not create traffic bgl's

idahosur

I have ran this three times today and I have have ran it plenty of times with 5.2b so I know how it is suppose to work.

When using 5.3 and running the Create Schedules, Files and Traffic command the editor does its thing, but at the end it does not create any new traffic bgl's. It creates the new MyCommercialRoutes, MyGlobalRoutes and MyMilRoutes dat files that have today's date, but all the MyTrafficmil, MyTrafficglobal and MyTrafficcommercial bgl files in the MYTraffic\Scenery folder still have the date of 5/14 @ 10:XX PM

As I recall after the progress window in 5.2b closed a DOS window would open that would stay open for a while, with 5.3 after the progress window closes it looks like a DOS window may flash open and then closed, but if it does it is so fast that I can not be sure.

I downloaded and installed the full 5.3 version, I did not download the upgrade version.

What is wrong?

I do not know if it matters, but I noticed that 5.3 does not have the TrafficDatabaseBuilder application that 5.2b has.

I also checked the traffic.bat file and both 5.2b and 5.3 looked the same to me.

Rod

Rod - you hit the nail on the head. The trafficdatabasebuilder.exe is required to create schedules, files and traffic.

This program belongs to Microsoft and unlike the fs9 version can't be distributed by 3rd party vendors.

If you deleted 5.2b, you will need to get a copy from your SDK folder.

Unless you have made some major change, like added an airport to FSX that is not in the original FSX, added airlines and/or aircraft to MTX or want to backdate your AI from 2010 to say 1970 then there is not a real need to generate new traffic bgl's. With that said if you want to lean how then the first thing I would suggest is that you read the MTX Editor manual. After that go read these threads and then come back with any questions.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=78705

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=77563

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=77661

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=77634

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=77539

Rod