The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Burkhard

Patches to version 5.3 online now

Dear friends, as usual many eyes see more than a few eyes. The patch to MyTraffic 5.3 is now online under

www.fsrail.com/Patches53.exe

Either use the Communicator to download, or the above link placing the file into MyTraffic\MyTrafficAircraftInstallers, then start it with a double click.

It contains a readme file with instructions what you might want to do. It also contains a new data base, with some fixes discussed in previous threads. ( mainly KJFK and KERI ). Just run the "create all files and traffic" from the database as it is to obtain the changed schedules. Do not import airports.txt for this action, only do so if you want to adjust the schedules to your wishes yourself.

Hi Burhard,

I have added three airlines and to each of those I have added multiple registrations, plus I have added multiple aircraft sims to seven different aircraft.cfg files.

If I run this patch will I need to add all those back in? If I do fine, I just want to know before I start if this patch is going to overwrite any aircraft cfg files alone with the dat files that the above data is stored in.

Rod

It will not overwrite any aircraft.cfg files. What it will overwrite is MTXV53.myt. so make acopy of that if you modified already. In that case, if you added aircraft, open the old version, run a Export Aircraft. You can edit the files with notepad and cut away all but the last lines, those you added, and then import to the new data base.

Hi:

Re this patch, I had no problem with install steps 1 & 2. I cannot make heads nor tails out of what's listed as "5+6" (inserted below). I'm fairly new to MTX 5.3 and these instructions are a bit confusing. For instance, where is the "Trafficdatabasebuilder" located. Also, doesn't the MyTraffic Editor require the installation of the SDK's (I've yet to get to that step)?

I guess what I'm asking is whether it would be possible to provide a "5.3 patch install for dummies" document.

Thanks!

5+6. Make sure you have copied Trafficdatabasebuilder to the MyTraffic folder. Start MyTraffic Editor. Open the database MTX_V53.myt. From the Menu "Create" Select "Create all files and traffic". Once the schedules are compiled and copied the new schedules are active. You can then in addition copy MyTraffic\MyTrafficCommercial.bgl and MyTraffic\MyCommercialRoutes.dat to the MT_Plans\2010_DX10 folder.

If you have no intentions of using the MyTrafficX Editor for building your own schedules and adding your own extra traffic for newly installed airports that didn't already exist for FSX, then you don't need to do steps 5+6.

Yes, I propose as beginner you just ignore it. Once you are more familiar, want to adress the special JFK problem and make some changes yourself, just come back.

Hello,

I have just purchased version 5.3 today and I was just wondering whether I now need to download and install the patch or would it already have been included in the version I downloaded from Simmarket today?

Thanks for your help.

Badger

Hi Burkhard,

I just downloaded manually the patch above, placed in the \MyTraffic\MyTrafficAircraftInstallers folder and ran. I did not complete steps 5+6 as you indicate above these are not necessary.

When I run FSX I get 2 error messages "multiple objects with the same title name", "B707 Mypaint50" and "B707 Mypaint51". How do I fix this? Both seem to be in the same folder: \MyTraffic\Aircraft\B707MX

Thanks!

Simon.

This is a little strangem but please check if these entries also are in the B707MTM aircraft config, in this case we would need to update that one. I will check myself too.