The simFlight Network Forums

Multiple Commands on same button?

Hi,

I think this can be done, but despite reading the manuals I just can't work this out, so would be very grateful of some help.

Is it possible to set a button on my yoke so that the first time you press the button it sends say a Z keystroke and if you were to push it again it would send say an X keystroke?

I'm thinking it can be done using flags so that if the button is pressed it will send the Z keystroke and set a flag, if it's then pressed again it recognises the set flag and sends an X keystroke instead and after clears the flag so that next push will result in a Z keystroke. The reason I need this is for the FS Labs Concorde, you can set up your own keystroke for disconnecting the autopilot but not one for setting it so need to use an FS Command to set it in the first place but would like to be able to set it up using just one button.

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve.

Is it possible to set a button on my yoke so that the first time you press the button it sends say a Z keystroke and if you were to push it again it would send say an X keystroke?

Yes. You do it by using a button flag.

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

The details are in the Advanced User's guide, in the Buttons section. Look for instance for the paragraph starting

"The conditions can be made to apply not to the current state of a button, but to the state of a ‘flag’ that is set and cleared by a button "

For a simple dual action button the button flag associated with the joystick button you are using can be used, so you'd have just two lines in the form:

1=CP(F+j,b)j,b,....

2=CP(F-j,b)j,b,....

where j,b are your joystick and button reference, and of course thepart is replaced by the correct encoding of your keypress (Kn,n) or Control (Cn,n). If you aren't sure about those, best program them in the FSUIPC dialogues and check the results in the INI file.

This sort of more complex assignment can't be done in the FS options dialogue, but you can edit the INI and use the "Reload" button on the Buttons tab to test out your changes immediately. You don't need to reload FS all the time.

Once a button is programmed like this you can't re-program it is the dialogue, only by INI file editing.

Regards

Pete

Pete,

Many thanks, that makes sense. I don't know why but I had read the Advanced User Guide and it wouldn't sink in. :? I think I was trying to make it more complicated than it is.

Regards,

Steve.

Edit: Tested and does exactly what I wanted it to do, thanks for your help.