The simFlight Network Forums

Mytraffic x v5.3 pro airline/aircraft list

joshieca

Amazing! I am really excited about your program now!

One last question....from reading the manual and looking at the list I see that you have some vintage aircraft. If I wanted to say for example extract just the L1011 "fleet" or just a TWA L1011 aircraft can I do that and manually add a flight plan for it using one of the tools supplied with the software?

Ok, so I extracted the L-1011 aircraft files from the aircraft installers folder and it put the L1011 folder into the aircraft folder of mytraffic.

Now when I try to schedule say a TWA L-1011 I get the message in the attached image below.

So how can I get this aircraft to work with the current 2010 flights...I edited the aircraft type properties to read last year 2020 and checked Use in My Traffic. I added a registration for My Planes Properties with first year of 1996 and last year of 2020 and Use Autoschedule and Use in preferred gen traffic checked....but the software sill gives me that error message when I try to use it to schedule a flight. :?:

post-37941-128689718974_thumb.jpg

You already discovered the time machine and how to use it, and started with a complicated example. When you edit the type L1011-TWA1, you will see it has 3 apperences, that reflect 3 different paint schemes of TWA. We edit the instance that uses title=L1011-MyPaint13 which is the latest appearence, and set the last date to 2020. Ups I see there is an inconsistency in the database to use the same title for 2 of the entities, whatever reason there was for it. To clean this up, I changed the first instance to 1998-2020. the seconf from 1977-1995, and the last to 1996-1997 to make sure the results are reproducable. Next change the last end of the two last regs to 2020, so that there are aircraft available in the presence.

So my state is similar to yours, and I get the same message. This can be explained ( and you can come around it ). The L1011 as a vintage aircraft is among those models that do not yet support the DX10 preview, and by default MyTraffic has DX10 checked. So, just from "Info" "Set Ini file" uncheck the DX10 box - and you can use it.

PERFECT! That did it. Thank you very much! 8) 8)

As for some of the TWA titles having the same entities, the L1011's and 707's too......I have noticed this on several other airlines and I didn't know if this was so that they could be used in the "time machine" or just database mistakes. Take SOUTHWEST airlines for example. Two of the aircraft all have the same database reference (B735-SWA1 & B737-300SW1) both of them have the same title...is it safe to edit them to have them point to their different livery's?

The database grew in about 8 years now, mostly manual, also some automatic imports. It shouldn't make any problem if the redundant info is identical, so if it ain't broken don't fix :)

The 5.3 database had an error in a speicial case of aircraft that had moved from one airline to another keeping its registration, that should be fixed using the Patches to 5.3.