The simFlight Network Forums

Repaint Site?

joshieca

I did some searching around, I'll admit not too deep, but is there a site that has repaints that either Burkhard of MT or others have done that you can download and manually add them to my MT? Are they posted on AVSIM or some other site and I am not searching the right terms?

Thanks....j

FYI to Burkhard....the repaint in v5.3, MD11MX, I know that I used the AMERICAN in a flight plan (MY13), and it came up all grey (plain), I see that the L1011's (Delta colors MY02 and others) are doing it also....at first I thought it was due to the texture files being .bmp but I see that the 707's are coming up fine that way...my guess is that the model for these aircraft need to be reworked to work in FSX or is there something else that can be done to make these textures work? TKS

All paints that ever have been done are included in the actual version of MyTraffic - so there currently is no additional paint. You are cordially invited to supply some paints yourself.

Some of the aircraft in 5.3 contain the new FSX model as well as the FS9 model, and while all the actual model are repainted for FSX, many vintage aren't yet, that will explain your observation. Everybody who could give a hand here and create new textures, especially for vintage aircraft, is more than welcome.

No, the L1011 is not DX10 ready - there is no one left flying by any airline, only RAF still has them in service.

If there were a simple way ( meaning not hundreds of hour of work ) this would have been done already. Not only the FSX models are completely new from scratch,, but also all the textures have to be redone from scratch, since FSX allows and users require a far higher optical quality which means bigger textures. In the case of airlines from the past, this gets much more complicated. For actual aircraft, we have lots of high res digital photos now that allow to create the textures. These dont exist for anything before 2005, the scans from chemical photos typically are bad contrast and wrong colors, making this a real hard job.

Addition of more vintage airlines and growth of the time machine are mainly limited by the amount of paints needed. I strongly hope that some day somebody who remembers one or a few of these golden airlines and time to help us. We currently have as aircraft that fly since long and need more FSX textures the A300, A310, B707, B742, B720, DC3, DC8, DC 9, DC10 - and many more models that could profit from vintage paints like all the Russians, the MD, 74SP etc.

So it looks like if I turn OFF the DX10 Preview in FSX display control settings all the aircraft show up fine.....

Since I just bought FSX Gold package I would assume that i have the most current verison......from reading, the DX10 preview gives me enchanced water, cockpits, and bloom effects....all of which are not that important to me....anything else that DX10 preview provides me before I turn it off completely?

DX10 mode introduces a whole boat load of bugs, it certainly was a complete waste of time by Aces studios. The only reason they added DX10 preview mode was because of the class action law suites that would have surely followed if they didn't add it, DX10 was a much discussed tent pole feature of FSX before its release, so its absence in the first RTM version of FSX was a bit of an eye brow raiser.

Thanks that’s good to know...I think I was looking at one weather enhancement package, something called Real Weather Environment EX. or something thats uses DX10...but decided against buying it because on their support forum people were complaining that it can take up to 15 minutes or more to load FSX....I get impatient waiting 3mins for it to load.

REX has a feature for DX10 optimised clouds, but works great with DX9. I've not noticed any impact to loading times due to REX, AI packages make the biggest difference to that. Having said that it can take about 1 minute to download the weather situation, but that occurs once my flight has started and while I'm busy with discussing clearance with ATC.

I will be glad to, but a little time to write up first. There's a lot to discuss, and after weeks of testing many flights I am convinced it's the real deal. When you hear people say they can fly into KSEA with all sliders to the right, it is true (with a few caveats!).

Simon

Take your time, my friend. I don't know if you have the same wheather as we have, but all I can think of currently are amphibians (and the reason of an extra flight of D-AIMA to South Africa next weekend just scheduled today :D ).