The simFlight Network Forums

Merge User Waypoints

The documentation that I have from Ver 8.5 shows a "Merge User Waypoint Databases" large button as part of the

Database Manager.

I have not used this feature in the past; however, I do have many User Waypoints to share with another simmer that is also using FSC 8.6.

I tried by setting up FSC on another computer to see if it would show if I added a second mywpts.udb file to the Database Directory of FSC.

When I open Database Manger 8.6 this button is not there.

What procedures need to be followed to import my user Waypoints into another users waypoints?

Hi,

if you have read the readme86.txt file you have find following information:

DATABASE MANAGER

The Merge-feature in the Database Manager has been eliminated, because the user

object file (userwp.udb) is automatically converted into ASCII format (userwp.txt)

and can thus be edited by the user.

Now you can give your userwp.txt file or a part of it to any other user and there can copy and past and also edit there own userwp.txt file.

Volker

• 1 month later...

Hi,

have you reading what I have written before:

If you have read the readme86.txt file you have find following information:

DATABASE MANAGER

The Merge-feature in the Database Manager has been eliminated, because the user

object file (userwp.udb) is automatically converted into ASCII format (userwp.txt)

and can thus be edited by the user.

Now you can give your userwp.txt file or a part of it to any other user and there can copy and past and also edit there own userwp.txt file.

Volker

Sorry about this guys, I'm not very technical minded as far as computers are concerned and, although I'm getting better, I'm still a little confused over this one :)

I've just upgraded to 8.6 and have a .udb file from an earlier version which I want to use. From what is written here, I have a sneaky feeling that I can't do this as the new database uses a text file ?

If I open the .udb file with notepad or similar, all I get is code which isn't the same as text, so I can't cut and paste...........or can I ?.

Any advice appreciated.