The simFlight Network Forums

No Dice

I've tried 3 times to get the FSUIPC.DLL to work and it will not. I've even reloaded the game all three times. It will not give me a modules link at the top of my flightsim window unless I minumize and then maximize the window. Then after I get it to come up I can not select it. If I can't select it I can't register and well you know the rest. Any ideas?

AFNinja

I've tried 3 times to get the FSUIPC.DLL to work and it will not. I've even reloaded the game all three times. It will not give me a modules link at the top of my flightsim window unless I minumize and then maximize the window. Then after I get it to come up I can not select it. If I can't select it I can't register and well you know the rest. Any ideas?

Sorry, no, none at all. There has never once been a case where, if the DLL is installed into the FS Modules folder, it does not provide the menu access, not once in four years!

When you press ALT then M then F, like that, in sequence, what happens?

Is there a file FSUIPC.LOG in the Modules folder? A file called FSUIPC.INI?

It really sounds as if it isn't installed, but if it is then both these files will be produced even before you get to the Menu.

Also, some description of your system would be useful, please. And what "game" is it you are trying to use FSUIPC in?

Regards,

Pete

My system is a 1.3G Athlon with 768MB RAM. I'm running XP Pro with SP1. The FSUIPC.LOG + .INI file are there I just can not access it throught the menu. When I try ALT M then F all I get is a very quiet beep as if it were not there. FS2004

Can you show me the Log file please? And maybe the INI file too? You can change/select the menu to be added in the INI file so it may be relevant. I have never heard of a case where the Modules+FSUIPC menu doesn't appear, it is most odd.

ZIP both files together and email them as an attachment to petedowson@btconnect.com. I may then have to ask for other tests to be run, possibly sending you special versions to try. Is that okay?

Pete