The simFlight Network Forums

MakeRunways Frequency Anomaly

The following moved here from an AVSIM PM at your request:

I have recently started using Makerunways.exe. (Version 4.4.1.0) The part that I am most interested in at the moment is the f5.csv (radio frequencies) file.

And I have found something which puzzles me. On a couple of airfields (curiously from the same developer) f5.csv displays a frequency as 128.69 while ADE and FSX ATC both show it as 128.700.

Any idea why this may be ? The airfields in question are RAF Driffield and RAF Goxhill from SDB.

The following moved here from an AVSIM PM at your request:

I have recently started using Makerunways.exe. (Version 4.4.1.0) The part that I am most interested in at the moment is the f5.csv (radio frequencies) file.

And I have found something which puzzles me. On a couple of airfields (curiously from the same developer) f5.csv displays a frequency as 128.69 while ADE and FSX ATC both show it as 128.700.

Any idea why this may be ? The airfields in question are RAF Driffield and RAF Goxhill from SDB.

Without the actual AFD BGLs to look at I'm afraid I've no idea how that might occur. If you look in the "Runways.txt" file, search for those airfields, you will be able to identify the individual files concerned. I don't need the complete scenery, just the AFD BGLs. ZIP them and send them as email attachments to me at petedowson@btconnect.com. But please do this on or after 24th July as I'm about to leave on holiday and won't be returning till then.

Regards

Pete

• 3 weeks later...
On a couple of airfields (curiously from the same developer) f5.csv displays a frequency as 128.69 while ADE and FSX ATC both show it as 128.700.

The BGLs actually contain the values 128.699999 for both of these. I don't know what program the author used to build the BGLs but that's the first time I've seen even slightly inaccurate frequencies. They will be stored like that in FS and probably read like that in FSUIPC offsets too. I assume they still work in FS with the rounded 128.70 values?

To make"MakeRwys" consistent with FS I've fixed it by rounding the value too. Download version 4.43 from the Updates announcement at the top of this Forum.

This update also makes it consistent with what FS does when it finds two definitions for the same airport both with taxiways and gates and no intervening "deletion" command. Previously the later set would have been used by MakeRwys, whereas FS seems to keep the first set and ignore further definitions (unless a "delete" occurs, of course). This occurred recently with a bad EXCLUDE file supplied in Aerosoft's Schiphol for FSX (but quickly fixed with a replacement EXCLUDE file on their Support Forum).

Regards

Pete