The simFlight Network Forums
joshieca

Good INI settings

LOL -- I’ve tweaked the DB for MT5.3 so much now, I don't know where the orig one starts and mine ends... :roll: :? :roll:

So I was wondering what are the default settings for the INI file and what are the recommended settings to get good traffic, but not overwhelming....

My INI file settings

post-37941-128689720405_thumb.jpg

Not bad ones. I use to have the ramps one or two less than the gates, due to the fact that GA aircraft park longer. So I would set Gates to 11 and Ramps to 9. A delay time of 8 minutes calms down movement, so has a slight increase of number of parked aircraft over moving ones, but that is fine anyways.

Ok, so the higher the delay minutes causes more aircraft to be parked. Likewise lower in the delay minutes causes more aircraft to be in the air....but do any of these change the amount of air traffic an airport gets? For example, if I change the delay time to 5 mintues, will MT say "hey, I have lots of empty parking/gates I need to fill now" and cause the program to schedule more air traffic.

Second question...whats the quickest way to reduce the amount of military air traffic in the system?

tks. :D

I think I figured out the second part...if I want to see a reduction in Military traffic I should change the traffic density %.

So if my Ai Density slider in FSX is at 40% and I want to see 20% of the Military flights, I should enter in "25" into the traffic density %, correct?

You got it.

The delay is used in any autoscheduling. The program calculates the arrival time, than adds the mandatory 45 minutes + the delay ( once for airliners, 5 times for military and GA ), and then schedules the next flight.

Capacities are given by min(nparking*parkingfactor,nrunway*runwayfactor) in first approximation.

Got, thats good info to know, thanks...

Once last thing about the density %, do I need to set this EACH time I make a change and do another "create all files and traffic" or by setting it in the "schedule files and traffic" and running that once will it make the adjustments?

LOL - i keep answering my own questions....I think I got it, but tell me if I am wrong...

So when you play with the traffic density % the flights do not actually get removed, but rather MT just increases the AI density % so that if you have yours set to say 50% in FSX for example it would make more or less flights at below or above the 50% level depending on the numbers you enter in the % area.

From what I can tell that you DO need to set these numbers each time you tell MT to create a files and traffic, otherwise it will overwrite them with the default numbers of “0”.

Yes, I could hire you for the next version of the manual :lol:

The traffic density setting just is a number that gets generated during file creation for all automatically created schedules, while it is given for real life observerd flights.