The simFlight Network Forums

Addon doesn't work with FSUPIC running

Hello

I bought the FSADDON FSCARGO and I have a ptroblem with the autopilot, wich causes by the version of FSUIPC, that I use (3.98)

What I need is the following:

Do you know about a problem like that?

Wich version of FSUIPC do I need to run the both prgramms together?

Is that version able to set flight controlls?

And can I save me current flight controls setting to import it to the older version?

Thank for help

Oliver

I bought the FSADDON FSCARGO and I have a ptroblem with the autopilot, wich causes by the version of FSUIPC, that I use (3.98)

There is no way FSUIPC will interfere with anything unless you ask it to. By default it does nothing.

Do you know about a problem like that?

No. you should ask as FSAddon's support site.

Wich version of FSUIPC do I need to run the both prgramms together?

Only the latest. 3.98 or later. See the Updates announcement here for 3.989

Regards

Pete

Pete,

Thanks for the quick reply, if it contains no solution of my problem.

At the same time, my FlightKeeper doesnt record any altitudes during the FSADDON is running. Let us see, what can be the reason for all these problems.

By the way I want to say that your interface is one of the best addons for the simulation. There are so many things possible for me with FSUIPC and WIDEFS...

Thanks for that. It spends a lot of funny hours at the computer.

Oliver

At the same time, my FlightKeeper doesnt record any altitudes during the FSADDON is running. Let us see, what can be the reason for all these problems.

Does the FSUIPC.LOG file (found in the FS Modules folder) indicate any sort of problem?

I don't know what the FSAddon programcould be doing to prevent FlightKeeper reading the altitude. That makes no sense.

Pete

Good morning Pete,

here is the log file...

********* FSUIPC, Version 3.98a by Pete Dowson *********

Running on Windows Version 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 3

Verifying Certificate for "D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\MODULES\FSUIPC.dll" now ...

SUCCESS! Signature verifies okay!

Running inside FS2004 (FS9.1 CONTROLS.DLL, FS9.1 WEATHER.DLL)

User Name="Oliver Pohl"

User Addr="lightforce@aopohl.de"

FSUIPC Key is provided

WideFS Key is provided

Module base=61000000

ClassOptions: UIPCMAIN=FF7F, FS98MAIN=FF7F, FS2KMAIN=FF5E

WeatherOptions(Orig)=48013605[48013605]

InitDelay: 0 seconds

WeatherReadInterval=4

LogOptions=00000001

DebugStatus=255

797 System time = 27/07/2010 08:40:38

797 \\EINSTEIN\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\

797 System time = 27/07/2010 08:40:38, FS2004 time = 12:00:00 (00:00Z)

23797 \\EINSTEIN\Flight Simulator-Dateien\Leipzig Air B1900.flt

23859 AIRCRAFT\PMDG EXPRESS B1900D\beech_1900D.air

24062 Aircraft="Beech 1900D - Leipzig Air"

47016 \\EINSTEIN\Flight Simulator-Dateien\Freight Docks.flt

47078 AIRCRAFT\LAGO DHC-6 Private whe\scds_dhc6.air

47187 Aircraft="DeHavilland Canada DHC-6 Twin Otter 300S N168SC"

47750 Clear All Weather requested: external weather discarded

53422 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

53422 Traffic File #193 = "fsaddon\glacier bay\alaska glacier bay scenery\scenery\traffic_gbv2_df_dash8"

53469 Traffic File #196 = "fsaddon\glacier bay\alaska glacier bay scenery\scenery\traffic_gbv2_ga_df"

53500 Traffic File #18 = "scenery\world\scenery\mytrafficown"

53594 Traffic File #195 = "fsaddon\glacier bay\alaska glacier bay scenery\scenery\traffic_gbv2_ga_dash7"

61109 WeatherOptions set, now 48013605 (timer=0)

304234 \\EINSTEIN\Flight Simulator-Dateien\Freight Docks.flt

305234 Clear All Weather requested: external weather discarded

424531 System time = 27/07/2010 08:47:41, FS2004 time = 07:13:05 (15:13Z)

424531 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

Memory managed: 9 Allocs, 1511 Freed

********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

I cannot say, if there is an error shown - But I have tried it with a former version of FSUIPC (3.7) and then it works very fine.

I dont know, if thats an indikator for the reason of the problem.

What do you think?

Can you tell me, if the FSUIPC 3.7 works together with the WIDEFS 6.7.8???

Oliver

I cannot say, if there is an error shown

No, there is no error.

But I have tried it with a former version of FSUIPC (3.7) and then it works very fine.

Hmmm, curiouserI need more information then.

1. Is the altitude the only thing missing in FlightKeeper's log?

2. Does it just omit it, or give it incorrectly?

3. Can you please enable IPC Read logging, in the Logging tab of FSUIPC, then reproduce the problem. Please end the session as soon as you know the FK logging is wrong -- the Log file will become huge quickly.

4. Save the FSUIPC.LOG file with a different name, and do exactly the same for 3.7, stopping it at about the same time.

5. ZIP up the logs and email as attachments to me at petedowson@btconnect.com.

Please also report this to Flight Keeper support, because I think I'll need Simon to identify what it is which FK is doing differently.

Regards

Pete

1. Is the altitude the only thing missing in FlightKeeper's log?

Yes, but it it's just missing, when using the FS Cargo. Without the FS Cargo everthing ist doing well...

2. Does it just omit it, or give it incorrectly?

It give incorrect figures. During a flight at 15000ft, it will show minus 355 for example

3. Can you please enable IPC Read logging, in the Logging tab of FSUIPC, then reproduce the problem. Please end the session as soon as you know the FK logging is wrong -- the Log file will become huge quickly.

4. Save the FSUIPC.LOG file with a different name, and do exactly the same for 3.7, stopping it at about the same time.

5. ZIP up the logs and email as attachments to me at petedowson@btconnect.com.

I will try to do it as explained. But I cannot send it to the FlightKeepers Supporter. They don't support the Version 2.8 anymore...:-(

See you then.

Oliver

It give incorrect figures. During a flight at 15000ft, it will show minus 355 for example

Is it possible to correlate the differences? Or does it appear random? It sounds very much as if FlightKeeper is reading the wrong value, or the altimeter, not the altitude, assuming it is always in feet or metres even though the FScargo program might change the altimeter option. Possibly it is also using the pressure read-out to compute the altitude so it can tell what flight levels you are flying and the FSCargo application is setting wildly incorrect pressure settings.

I can't see any possible valid correlation between 15000 feet (4572 metres) and -355 (or more likely 65181, the positive equivalent in a 16-bit value). Considering that and the fact that it was okay in FSUIPC 3.7 strongly suggests that FK is reading some incorrect offset in FSUIPC that just happened, by coincidence, to contain the altitude but which offset has since been used for something else.

Information on what FlightKeeper is actually reading would tell us. But I think, even when we know this, it would need a fix in FlightKeeper.

I will try to do it as explained. But I cannot send it to the FlightKeepers Supporter. They don't support the Version 2.8 anymore...:-(

I'm not surprised! Version 3 has been available for a while now and fixes a lot of things. I'd recommend that you upgrade.

Equally I cannot support FSUIPC 3.7.

Regards

Pete