The simFlight Network Forums

ADD ON FSUIPC 4

Flight sim enthusiast since Feb 97, register FSUIPC 4, but will not go to the add on the task bar, running FSX .The windows

operating system is 7 premium home and is fairly new .Have reinstalled and repaired FSX.Any body got any ideas.Regards Garry Read, FTG CX268.

The modules loaded by FSX have to be added to the file dll.xml in your user profile, under

"%appdata%\microsoft\FSX". The FSUIPC install normally does this. So check there if you find an entry, if not, then you know at least why, and somebody else can help, normally Peter also isn't far away from here.

Gary

You may need a little more info,

FSUIPC X when it installs into FSX it installs a FSUIPC4.dll in the main Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules folder

You will also find there: FSUIPC4.ini, FSUIPC4.key, FSUIPC4.log, FSUIPC4 Install.log plus FSUIPC documents.

If the FSUIPC4.dll is present and it has installed correctly then it should show as an addon in the FSX menus.

As Burkhard says the dll.xml file in the System drive C:\Yourusername\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xml

It should have a fairly recent date.

It should have an entry similar to:

-

FSUIPC4

False

Modules\FSUIPC4.dll

The dll.xml will be in a different directory and folder to the FSUIPC4.dll

As Far as I understand it neither the dll.xml and FSUIPC4.dll have anything to do with DIRECTX

Good luck :D

PeterH

Thank you for your reply .The FSUIPC 4 in the module file appears to be okay,copied

FSUIPC4.dll to the add on, but still not working.The programming for dll.xml is there,

my IBM 2.1gb is where I start, adjusting the explorer would be the wrong thing to do.

Regards GarryR FTG CX268.

Thank you for your reply .The FSUIPC 4 in the module file appears to be okay,copied

FSUIPC4.dll to the add on, but still not working.The programming for dll.xml is there,

my IBM 2.1gb is where I start, adjusting the explorer would be the wrong thing to do.

Regards GarryR FTG CX268.

Garry

It should work OK but it might be worthwhile posting on Pete Dowson's (the developer of FSUIPC4) forum. viewforum.php?f=54 You may have a "simconnect" issue.

Regards

PeterH

Thank you for your reply.I had two ITRA modules,radios and autopilot, but have gone for go flight hard ware when updated to FSX.Something is tuning the flight sim stuff, my go flight

units are operating normally,but no "add on " on the task bar.Thank you for you time and

effort.Regards GarryR FTG CX268.

Flight sim enthusiast since Feb 97, register FSUIPC 4, but will not go to the add on the task bar, running FSX

I need more information in order to help you.

Please paste your FSUIPC Install log, and, if there is one, your FSUIPC4 log files. You'll find them in the FSX Modules folder.

Regards

Pete