The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sandy Feather

windows7 and network for FSX

I have been trying to follow the instructions for Updating the Airports on page 12 and 13 of the manual. I cannot seem to be able to find the correct scenery.cfg folder and the option of the Network Scenery Configuration arrangements is now looking to be the most inviting solution. Please where can I find it?

Thank Volker, I have done all that. The heading tells you its Windows 7 and FSX. The question relates to the latest version of FSC and all the network has been completed as per the Appendix. I have worked through page 12 but failed to find the correct scenery.cfg. So page 13 says there is a Network Scenery Configuration tool to insert on the server computer. Where do I find the Tool? Is it downloaded separately or is it embedded in the software? Please explain where I should look for it.

Sandy Feather

Hi Sandy,

The file is entitled FSCFSXCFG and is located in your main FSC folder. The file icon is the same as the FSC exe file (Globe with FSC written on it). The only thing that small utility does is copy and rename your FSX scenery configuration file to scenerycfg.fsc and places it in your FSX directory so that FSC can find it. The location of the actual FSX scenery configuration file on Windows 7 is: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX.

Note also that for the utility to do what's its supposed to do, you must copy it and place it in your FSX directory and run it from there or a shortcut placed on your desktop. This process should not fail but if it should, the easiest way to solve the problem is to copy FSX's scenery configuration file (scenery.cfg) from the directory named above (C:\ProgramData . . .), place it in your FSX directory and rename it scenerycfg.fsc

That's it!

Regards,

Jean-Jacques

Many thanks for that. I'll try and find the little exe file where you have suggested and if not will spend Friday 13th hoping for some good luck and searching for the right scenery.cfg file.

I have now finished reading the manual from cover to cover. Commander is a super program and I want to start using all it's new features. Congratulatios to everyone involved with it's developement.

Sandy Feather