The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
moonrunner

AI Traffic Sounds

Hi,

I have the AI Trafffic Sounds Extreme by Constable. Can theybe used with My Traffic 5.3 and if so for the startup shutdown sounds where is the Lights section in the ai config aircfaft folders. Can't find Lights. :oops:

Gary

For an AI traffic world that has up to 1000 aircraft in reality bubble, a [lights] section containing lights is a synonym of a slide show. There is none, all light effects are built into teh model. If you need a [lights] ebtry, you can add it into the aircraft.cfg easily, no problem unless you really put lights into it...

Tnanks! I kind of figured as much. Since there are so manhy config files I don't know if I will add the paware AI Traffic Sounds. You have done a great job with the sound files anyway and if I add anything it will be the startup-shutdown from tne package by Constable. I need to find one and see if they will work anyway before I undertake a change that big.

Gary

If you do it for the A320, you already have half the planes on some airports, and then transform to A318-A321 is trivial. If you start it, we would love to read about how you did it.

Hi,

Constable loads two sets of files, one into sounds and the other into effects for the startup-shutdown files. He then gives the instructions as listed below with the cut and paste lines listed as shown. In fine print he states that he could not get the startup shutdown sounds working in FSX. lolol. He also says they are initiated by a trigger presumably as shown below with the lights set up. I notice you also have the startup shutdown files referenced in your aisounds so maybe you taking a look at this guys layout might give uyou an idea of what the trouble might be.

Sincerely,

Gary

installaion

1. Install all the contents of the Sound folder and install them in your Default FSX Sound folder!

2.Install the contents of the Effects folder into your FSX Effects Folder!

3.In every AI Aircraft there is a file called the aircraft.cfg, open this file with word pad, go to the bonoculas and search for LIGHTS, Copy and Paste to the next line of the bottom line of your lights the appropiate nav light for a large jet use light.? = 1, 0, 0, 0, fx_TS_LJet

For a Small Jet use light.X = 1, 0, 0, 0, fx_TS_SJet

Make sure you relace the X with the next light number you have.The example below is for a Large Jet, the number light is 6

[LIGHTS]

//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing

light.0=3, -40.953, -99.549, 2.907, fx_navredm ,

light.1=3, -40.953, 99.549, 2.907, fx_navgrem ,

light.2=3, -119.979, 0.00, 9.717, fx_navwhih ,

light.3=2, -40.953, 99.549, 2.907, fx_strobeh ,

light.4=2, -40.953, -99.549, 2.907, fx_strobeh ,

light.5=1, 73.714, 0.00, 15.049, fx_beaconh,

light.6 = 1, 0, 0, 0, fx_TS_LJet ,

light.X = 1, 0, 0, 0, fx_TS_LJet

light.X = 1, 0, 0, 0, fx_TS_SJet

light.X = 1, 0, 0, 0, fx_TS_Lturbo

light.X = 1, 0, 0, 0, fx_TS_Turbo

light.X = 1, 0, 0, 0, fx_TS_Prop

light.X = 1, 0, 0, 0, fx_TS_Heli

light.X = 1, 0, 0, 0, fx_TS_Ftr

So in this case the section for a jetliner to be added would be simple

[LIGHTS]

light.0 = 1, 0, 0, 0, fx_TS_LJet

to be added anywhere in the config after the [general] section.

If I read correctly, this adds one effect to any aircraft, which is enabled in case the navigation lights are switched on, which is always the case for AI planes, I assume this is a sound for the APU?

The rest of this text is for user planes only, the [sound] folder has nothing to do with AI planes.

Not to sound like an advertisement, but I've been using Flight1's Audio Environment Airliner Edition with MT 5.3 Pro with no issues. Very easy to install as the configuration program installs the aircraft sounds into each MT aircraft folder. Very easy to uninstall as well. I recommend it.