The simFlight Network Forums

*HELP PMDG747 yoke control

hi guys,

i recently bought fsuipc, and had a go at setting axis and stuff, but i dont think it went right, so i think i reset the defualts in fsuipc and went back to FSX control surfaces.

basically now, in the pmdg 747, [fsx], if i move the yoke slightly right, the pmdg yoke will go fully to the right.... if i do it left, there is no problem, it follows my yoke exactly.

i am using saitek pro flight with rudder pedals. i only noticed this since fsuipc was installed and i have configured my yoke again through fsx and there seems ot be no problems there

best regards

Alex

basically now, in the pmdg 747, [fsx], if i move the yoke slightly right, the pmdg yoke will go fully to the right.... if i do it left, there is no problem, it follows my yoke exactly.

It sounds very much like you've not calibrated the yoke in Windows Game controllers, to start with, and possibly you have the Sensitivity and Null zone sliders in FS set all wrong. You should have sensitivity all the way right and null zone all the way left, at least to start with.

i am using saitek pro flight with rudder pedals. i only noticed this since fsuipc was installed and i have configured my yoke again through fsx and there seems ot be no problems there

Merely installing FSUIPC makes no difference whatsoever. If you actually calibrate your joysticks in FSUIPC, then you should do it properly. Else don't bother. To do it properly please just follow the simple numbered steps outlined in the joysticks calibration chapter of the User manual.

Regards

Pete

if i go to windows devices and have a look at the position of the axis in here

everything is 100% ok, slightly right and slightly left work absoltuley fine..

Okay. Then, assuming you have them assigned in FS, next go to FS's assignments and check that the sliders are correctly set -- sensitivity max, null zone min.

maybe a pmdg issue then?

Shouldn't be -- they don't really interfere with the routing of controls to surfaces. Anyway, it's easy enough to check: load a default aircraft and try that.

Pete

seems like every aircraft has the same symptom.

how can i get this sorted?

Well, first I need more information. You aren't telling me anything!

Is it anything to do with FSUIPC in the first place? If you've assigned in FS and not calibrated in FSUIPC, then it isn't! Have you checked the sliders as I suggested?

Else, where have you assigned what and to what? And what version number of FSUIPC? I always need that.

Pete

i just bought fsuipc from simmarket so i guess its the latest [4.4?]

i may have set some values in fsuipc, i think i need to calibrate my yoke just through fsuipc, but i need to read the manual again on how to do that

[can u reverse a level [

] like in defualt ms?

i set the sliders to how you said sir

i just bought fsuipc from simmarket so i guess its the latest [4.4?]

No. SimMarket do not supply it -- they only supply the Registration key. You download FSUIPC from any one of a number of places, usually the Schiratti site. But many add-ons install it automatically, so you may not even have done that. FSUIPC doesn't need to be purchased to be used by any number of add-ons.

I need to know the version number. 4.4 would be far too old and completely unsupportable.

i may have set some values in fsuipc, i think i need to calibrate my yoke just through fsuipc, but i need to read the manual again on how to do that

The first thing to do is ASSIGN the axes, not calibrate. Where have you assigned them? If in FSX you MUST check the sliders. If you aren't assigning in FS then the sliders don't matter. And if you are not calibrating in FSUIPC then FSUIPC has nothing to do with whatever oddities you are experiencing.

Please, I think it best if you simply delete the FSUIPC4.INI file (in the FSX Modules folder), and start again. If you really don't know what you've done that is the best thing. There is absolutely no point messing about at random and expecting anything useful to result.

[can u reverse a level [
] like in defualt ms?

You can reverse axes in FSX if you assign there, and also in FSUIPC if you calibrate there. Please notice the "Rev" checkbox, present for each axis in the FSUIPC calibration pages.

There are pictures in the documentation. It really is worth browsing through. You will see these things in the pictures too, as well as in the text.

Pete