The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC errors & Saitek peripherals

Ok I'm about going cross eyed on this.

I installed MS Flight Sim X standard plus several Saitek controllers. Got it all to work great. Added some new aircraft from a website (don't remember which but all ok)

Then upgraded to FS X Deluxe by uninstalling previous programs. Now I can't get half the Saitek gear to work. I get the error can't connect to fsuipc. If I hit continue, my radio panel etc flash on & then won't work when the program is run. I am running Windows XP home etc etc. I can't even find the fsuipc files to delete. I tried downloading FSUIPC to re-install but message tells me it won't work on my system.

Flight yoke, pedals & throttle all work ok. Multi panels, radio stack etc don't. What is the fsuipc file for & why am I being asked to connect to it when I never installed anything to do with it in the 1st place? I'm stumped on all of this...

Please help if possible before I tear my hair out.

Thanks

Then upgraded to FS X Deluxe by uninstalling previous programs.

Probably not a good idea to uninstall FSX and re-install. Seems to cause more problems than it solves. You could have just installed on top I think.

Now I can't get half the Saitek gear to work. I get the error can't connect to fsuipc.

I didn't think the Saitek driver used FSUIPC on FSX, only on FS9. Maybe you've not installed the correct Saitek driver?

I can't even find the fsuipc files to delete.

The only FSUIPC files would be in the FSX modules folder, if installed.

I tried downloading FSUIPC to re-install but message tells me it won't work on my system.

I am not aware of any such message. You'll need to be more specific. what tells you that, and what are the exact words?

Flight yoke, pedals & throttle all work ok. Multi panels, radio stack etc don't. What is the fsuipc file for & why am I being asked to connect to it when I never installed anything to do with it in the 1st place? I'm stumped on all of this...

No idea. I think you should go to Saitek support. i cannot support their products, and so far they have no license to use FSUIPC, even on FS9 where I know they use it!

Pete

Hi Pete

thanks for your quick reply.

I have tried installing your fsuipc4. I get this message

your FSX install is incorrect. The ver of simconnect installed will not run fsuipc4. Repair installation

When I open FSX, I get an error message where fsuipc tries to connect but can't. My radio panel flashes & then quits. I can't get any of the multi panels to work either even though I know all of them work using the Saitek test program.

I could not install FS X deluxe over the standard. The prog requests that you uninstall standard if I remember correctly.

What is the fsuipc prog and is it needed at all? I did a search on my hdd but nothing comes up for it at all making it hard to delete it. I can not find a modules folder either...

Saitek have no support on fsuipc. I spent an hour on the phone with Microsoft and they are supposed to be researching and calling me back.

I am about to uninstall Deluxe & go back to standard. I was after the glass cockpit planes to practice on more than anything

thanks again

I have tried installing your fsuipc4. I get this message

your FSX install is incorrect. The ver of simconnect installed will not run fsuipc4. Repair installation

The log file which the Installer produces contains more information (that is why it is produced -- it is even shown on screen so you can see it and save it!), but basically it means your FSX installation is corrupted. The SimConnect side-by-side installation in Windows has been messed up, ptrobably by your de-installing and re-installing actions. That part of Microsoft's efforts never worked correctly. I don't know how you can fix that except by reinstalling Windows, or perhaps you can roll back to a Windows restore point before uninstalling FSX before.

When I open FSX, I get an error message where fsuipc tries to connect but can't.

There's no such message from anything of mine. You need to determine what is producing that message. FSUIPC will certainly not be able to do anything if SimConnect is not installed correctly, nor will many other things.

However, you can try downloading FSUIPC 4.623 from the Updates announcement in this Forum. Just put the updated DLL into the FSX Modules folder before running FSX. See if that helps.

My radio panel flashes & then quits. I can't get any of the multi panels to work either even though I know all of them work using the Saitek test program.

As I said, I am pretty sure that none of the Saitek gear has anything to do with FSUIPC on FSX. Their driver uses SimConnect, so it will suffer the same as FSUIPC and almost any other add-on if SimConnect isn't working.

I could not install FS X deluxe over the standard. The prog requests that you uninstall standard if I remember correctly.

Hmmm. What a disastrous thing Microsoft wrought there, then! :-(

What is the fsuipc prog and is it needed at all?

It isn't needed for Saitek equipment on FSX as far as I know. I certainly cannot support its use for Saitek equipment, as I said. You probably don't need it at all.

I did a search on my hdd but nothing comes up for it at all making it hard to delete it. I can not find a modules folder either...

In that case it didn't install, so you are okay.

Saitek have no support on fsuipc.

Of course they don't. They should support Saitek items, which is what you want working, isn't it? Why on Earth are you asking them about FSUIPC? Ask them how to make THEIR equipment work with your FSX, not with FSUIPC!

I am about to uninstall Deluxe & go back to standard.

I suspect that this would not fix SimConnect at all. If you can roll-back using a Windows restore point, that might work. You could, instead, and probably with more success, apply the FSX updates -- SP1 and SP2 -- which are free from Microsoft. Part of your problem may simply be that the Saitek driver needs at least SP1 applied. Many add-ons do. The original version of FSX (and FSX DeLuxe) was pretty buggy and many don't support it.

Please do not bother asking me again how to make Saitek things work on FSX. I've no idea, and it isn't anything i can help with. I can only support my own programs.

Regards

Pete

Ok thanks again Pete

I will eventually figure it all out. MS is so sad, that's why I bought a Mac desk top & laptop. I only use this pc for the flight sim actually. I may just start from scratch & re-install windows as I having issues with SP1. When I try to download it, the window appears & then disappears.

Take care...

Ok half way there...

Just in case anyone else needs this info.

I had to delete the program from Saitek that would have allowed me to test the FSUIPC application. This was blocking my ability to download SP1 & 2 & messing up a bunch of other apps more than likely. Once I had that out of the way, I was able to install both service packs easily. I then went in and deleted the drivers installed for all my peripheral gear. Re-booted the computer and plugged in all my Saitek gear. FSUIPC started working on it's own (miracle) as did the radio panel, switch panel etc. My 4 multi-panels are on but not syncing up with FS X so that's what I'm trying to fix now.

It has been a grueling couple of days trying everything until it all works again. Microsoft via a call center in Mumbai India were helpful but unable to help solve the issues with 3 party add ons etc. Now back on to the peeps at Saitek for this last issue...

soon be flying again!