The simFlight Network Forums

help needed

mindyerbeak

Hi,

I bought mtrafficx a few days ago but for some reason I don't get the same performance everybody seems to be getting. Many ppl say they have their sliders at 80% and enjoy great fps if i do that at egll (uk2000 scenery) all I enjoy is a nice slideshow :(.I'm not sure it is because orbit airlines or pacifica are still around here?). I tried to disable default traffic from my traffic communicator but it doesn't seem to work.

Ok my specs i7980x (@4.0ghz)- gtx 480- 6 gigs of ram- rampage 2 extreme- corsair 950w psu- win 7 x64

It looks like that if I overfly other airports my fps drop really bad too.I just flew egll to edff .I have the nice uk2000scenery for egll and the aerosoft eddf.before installing mytraffic, with ut2 on, I didnt have bad fps drops.Now when on finals my fps dropped to 6-7.

Now sure what i should do.

What is the ideal/most realistic traffic settings ? I noticed that even with sliders to 50% (0% GA traffic) I get the same fps drop.

Thanks for your help!

Vic

P.S. Other software I have running while I fly: radar contact-aivlasoft electronic flight bag- Active sky evolution-

You have UT2, MTX 5.3 (I'm assuming) at 80%, and the default traffic and you're using UK2000 EGLL? If this were my setup I'd be happy with a slideshow, but more likely I'd be getting a picture frame :lol:

Two things to try first:

1. disable your default AI traffic. There's no need for orbit when you have Speedbird. You can disable the default manually if the communicator isn't working for you - the communicator should work but we can deal with that issue later. The default AI traffic is a large traffic file (18 megs give or take) located in scenery\world\scenery. Rename the file with .off at the end.

2. configure MyTraffic X to only load AI that are not currently in use with UT2. I'm assuming that you are using UT2 with MTX. If this is not the case then skip this step. The communicator contains an editor manual that describes how to do this step. It's a simple check box in the editor when compilling new files and traffic. In addition to the NoUT2 airlines check box I would also suggest you check the DX10 schedules box when compiling as well.

One last piece of advice: UT2 uses the default AI for GA. Default anything is hard on your frames. I would suggest removing GA in UT2 altogether and using the MTX GA. Much much better on your fps.

To save even more frames you can configure MTX (same as UT2) AI to not invoke the jetbridges (jetways). This is all described in the manual and can be quickly accessed using the communicator. You're basically loading AI with max resolution but min annimation. This way the look good but don't play the FSX tricks.

When I used MTX with UT2, I set UT2 commercial to 90%, UT2 GA off, MTX (configured with the NoUT2 box checked) commercial at 40% and MTX GA at 25%.

My system specs are so bad that I don't dare post them - not even a quarter as good as your specs. I get 15 fps steady at the default EGLL with the traffic settings above.

This should get you started. Others may have a few more suggestions to share as well.

Hi there !

Thanks for getting back to me.

>1. disable your default AI traffic. There's no need for orbit when you have Speedbird. You can disable the default manually if the communicator isn't working for you - the communicator should work but we can deal with that issue later. The default AI traffic is a large traffic file (18 megs give or take) located in scenery\world\scenery. Rename the >file with .off at the end.

I disabled the default ai.Thanks !

I'm not using Ut2 anymore.I uninstalled it. I did like ut2 in particular the plane models but removed it because of the empty airports and the appearing and disappearing planes problem.

Now i do enjoy mytraffic a lot the only thing I would do without is that it fills airports even at night when,at some airports, planes don't take off or land.

what would be the most realistic traffic settings so that airports are not too full and not too empty ?

Thanksss

This answer is airport and time specific. In general, I set commercial 40% and GA 25% during the day. If you fly at night you could reduce these even further. A little testing will produce the right amount of traffic for your preference at your favourite airports. If you reduce too much some of the bigger airports will appear empty so there's some give and take.

I also use DX10 schedules only, which removes some traffic and I fly with full resolution but less animation to eliminate the jetway fps killer although your monster system can probably handle the jetways without too much difficulty at a setting of very dense.

Don't forget to install the update patch to 5.3. There's a patch sticky thread located on top that provides instructions on how to install.

This answer is airport and time specific. In general, I set commercial 40% and GA 25% during the day. If you fly at night you could reduce these even further. A little testing will produce the right amount of traffic for your preference at your favourite airports. If you reduce too much some of the bigger airports will appear empty so there's some give and take.

I also use DX10 schedules only, which removes some traffic and I fly with full resolution but less animation to eliminate the jetway fps killer although your monster system can probably handle the jetways without too much difficulty at a setting of very dense.

Don't forget to install the update patch to 5.3. There's a patch sticky thread located on top that provides instructions on how to install.

Hi kagazi,

Yes,I just tried the jetways ..smooth here.maybe I'm seeing things but I don't see very many stutters.

Patch ? Do I need the patch even if i got the lates build off simmarket ?

now I have another problem.AC buried in the ground.I'll open another thread for that :P

Thanks