The simFlight Network Forums

Jerky panning with FSUIPC

Pete

I am using FSUIPC registered 4.6 version, and within FSX, controls are disabled and managed by FSUIPC, being very satisfied with it.- I have the yoke hat configured to panning, and noticed that sometimes the movement is not at all smooth, and unacceptable jerky.- When I enable controls within FSX, the hat works like a charm.-

Which can be the cause ?

Windows 7 ultimate 64.-

Thanks

I have the yoke hat configured to panning, and noticed that sometimes the movement is not at all smooth, and unacceptable jerky.

How are you assigning the hat? It should be assigned, in the axis assignments, to "PAN VIEW". You can assign it as 8 buttons instead, but that is really more suited to view changing rather than panning.

When I enable controls within FSX, the hat works like a charm.-

FSX doesn't have to go through SimConnect, it can operate things directly. However, the pan view command from the axis assignment works pretty well as far as I can see. If it is unacceptable to you, please assign it in FSX instead.

Regards

Pete

I have the yoke hat configured to panning, and noticed that sometimes the movement is not at all smooth, and unacceptable jerky.

How are you assigning the hat? It should be assigned, in the axis assignments, to "PAN VIEW". You can assign it as 8 buttons instead, but that is really more suited to view changing rather than panning.

When I enable controls within FSX, the hat works like a charm.-

FSX doesn't have to go through SimConnect, it can operate things directly. However, the pan view command from the axis assignment works pretty well as far as I can see. If it is unacceptable to you, please assign it in FSX instead.

Regards

Pete

Thanks Pete for your quick reply.-

It is already assigned to Pan View.-

Is there a way to assign only the hat in FSX, and maintain FSUIPC managing the other controls ?.-

It is already assigned to Pan View.

well in that case I don't know how you find it so unacceptable. It seems pretty good to me, though of ocurse it will depend on FSX frame rates. Maybe you have got really bad FSX performance?

Is there a way to assign only the hat in FSX, and maintain FSUIPC managing the other controls ?.-

Yes, just don't assign any of the FSUIPC controls in FSX (unassign any that you have). As long as you don't assign in both places, you can mix and match as you wish.

Pete

[

Yes, just don't assign any of the FSUIPC controls in FSX (unassign any that you have). As long as you don't assign in both places, you can mix and match as you wish.

Pete

In my case all axis are assigned as "send direct to FSUIPC calibration ", except pan view which is only available as "send to FS as normal axis "

What should I do then ?

In my case all axis are assigned as "send direct to FSUIPC calibration ", except pan view which is only available as "send to FS as normal axis "

What should I do then ?

As I said, if you want to assign just the Pan View in FS, do so. Everything else in FSUIPC can be left as is. Just be sure that nothing assigned in FSUIPC is also assigned in FS. That's the only thing which will cause problems -- the same axes or buttons assigned in two different places will both activate and cause confusion at the very least!

Regards

Pete

What should I do then ?

As I said, if you want to assign just the Pan View in FS, do so. Everything else in FSUIPC can be left as is. Just be sure that nothing assigned in FSUIPC is also assigned in FS. That's the only thing which will cause problems -- the same axes or buttons assigned in two different places will both activate and cause confusion at the very least!

Regards

Pete

To do so, I supose must check "enable controls" in FSX, and then it reasumes the management of all main controls which were assigned to FSUIPC.-Sorry about my ignorance but how it can be done then ?

To do so, I supose must check "enable controls" in FSX, and then it reasumes the management of all main controls which were assigned to FSUIPC.-Sorry about my ignorance but how it can be done then ?

Go through all the assignments in FSX and unassign them.

It just occurred to me that there is one other thing you can try first. Increase FSUIPC's joystick polling rate. I have doubts that it would help as its polling rate is already higher than FS's, but still. To try that set the PollInterval parameter in your FSUIPC.INI's [buttons] section to something less than the default interval of 25. If you set it too low it may impinge upon FS performance, but you could try 15 or 10.

Pete

It just occurred to me that there is one other thing you can try first. Increase FSUIPC's joystick polling rate. I have doubts that it would help as its polling rate is already higher than FS's, but still. To try that set the PollInterval parameter in your FSUIPC.INI's [buttons] section to something less than the default interval of 25. If you set it too low it may impinge upon FS performance, but you could try 15 or 10.

Pete

There is no Pollinterval entry at the [buttons] section of my FSUIPC.ini, I found instead this: ButtonRepeat=20,10.-

There is no Pollinterval entry at the [buttons] section of my FSUIPC.ini, I found instead this: ButtonRepeat=20,10.-

There's no PollInterval parameter by default --- when omitted it defaults to 25. The parameter is described in the Advanced Users manual. You will see that there are lots of parameters which don't appear when defaulted -- you ADD them when you want to change default values.

The ButtonRepeat parameters don't change button or axis scanning/polling rates, only how often the button action is repeated when it is held.

Pete