The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Marcusmmc

Customize sounds

I am using the FSC v8.6 downloaded directly from your website. I am curious as to the ability to customize the indicator audio files within the program. For example, how do I change the sound activated each time I cross a waypoint? I have searched inside all of the folders of FSC but cannot seem to locate any audio files.

Marcus

Hi Marcus,

there is one, SwitchWP.Wav, in the FSC main folder.

Just delete or rename this file.

Volker

Nice, now would there happen to be one for the TCAS alert? I believe that FSC9 is using a default Windows Vista sound. Just curious.

Cheers,

Ken

Hello Volker,

I have the same problem as Marcus. I have well seen the Switch.Wav file in the FSC main forder, but not an alert sound, only a very sort sound, as in WIN XP when error . I have also tried to change it in bak;file and given a new realistic Wav sound, but I receive always the same WIN sound.

Thank you for your help;

Regards Guy

I believe it actually uses the Windows alerting sound, but may be wrong on that.

Ian P.

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your reply. I think that also, but if I delete the SwitchWP.wav or modified it in bak.file, I receive always the WIN sound and impossibility for me to find something in the config.file.

Happy New Year. Regards Guy

When TCAS warns you of a nearby aircraft, Volker, is the "ping!" sound played the default Windows alert noise (such as when you click the wrong place) or is it a custom sound that is part of FSC?

Ian P.

Hi Ian,

this is not a sound file.

This is a hard-coded BEEP in the program. The sound can be disabled in MENU> GPS> TCAS SOUND.

Happy New Year and regards,

Volker