The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC purchase very confused

Hi Guys,

I run both FS9 and FSX but there both on different computers even though I'm having issues with FSX.

Would you need a seperate version for both FS2004 & FSX? I have heard that you some things for FSX need a registered version (ie Autosave function , using EFB).

I am so puzzled also with a registered version you can run another programme on a different computer if your FSUIPC is registered and that you need something called WideFS? If somebody could explain which one to purchase.

It's like If I want to run my UVAAcars programme on my FS9 computer while flying on FSX this can be done with the FSUIPC being registered and also this helps with using your Pro flight yoke and throttle as this is playing up.

I would be very grateful for all help and suggestions. I know I may have gone off subject a little with my question but hope it's understandable

Regards

Jason

Would you need a seperate version for both FS2004 & FSX?

If you mean FSUIPC, yes. FSUIPC3 works with all versions of FS from FS98 to FS2004, whilst FSUIPC4 works with FSX and ESP.

I have heard that you some things for FSX need a registered version (ie Autosave function , using EFB).

Why not simply install it and check the User Guide? It explains exactly what you get if you purchase it. I've no idea what EFB has to do with it.

I am so puzzled also with a registered version you can run another programme on a different computer if your FSUIPC is registered and that you need something called WideFS? If somebody could explain which one to purchase.

That's nothing to do with having a registered FSUIPC. You can buy WideFS if you want to run FSUIPC-interfacing applications on a Networked computer. Unless you know you want to I wouldn't worry about it. And you don't have to buy FSUIPC as well if you don't need its facilities.

It's like If I want to run my UVAAcars programme on my FS9 computer while flying on FSX this can be done with the FSUIPC being registered and also this helps with using your Pro flight yoke and throttle as this is playing up.

I've no idea about "UVAAcars" as I've never heard of it. You need to decide what you want to run and where, and also find out what needs FSUIPC and what doesn't. I can't tell you about all the programs there are out there I'm afraid.

Pete

I'll have a look at the install guide again and see if I can understand it.

The install guide just tells you about installing (and registering if you've purchased FSUIPC). It installs documentation for you. It's the FSUIPC User Guide which it installs which you would need to browse.

Regards

Pete