The simFlight Network Forums

Goflight MCP Displays (Lua file)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well back to the airbu as i wanted to update so it also have mach and that works but now it is the heading there shows 1 under. so would this work to on the heading HDG = math.floor(ipc.readLvar("AB_AP_HDG_Select") * 100) / 100

or is there another code for that. as i tryeid the code but it keeps showing hdg 1 degree under on the GOflight MCP. ?

well back to the airbu as i wanted to update so it also have mach and that works but now it is the heading there shows 1 under. so would this work to on the heading HDG = math.floor(ipc.readLvar("AB_AP_HDG_Select") * 100) / 100

No, that is rounding down the .01 part,. Two things wrong there for a heading 1 under. First is that you don't need headings to 1/100th of a degree, second is that rounding down always reduces, never increases. That's why it is called rounding down. ;-)

All you need to do is round up. To do that keep your current code but add 0.5 before display.

It's really only simple arithmetic, not programming. ;-)

Pete

yes pete ofcause i think i Z z Z z Z

It worked hdg = math.floor(0.5 + ipc.readLvar("AB_AP_HDG_Select_hist"))

and yes when you say so i can se it is logic as take the variable and add 0.5 that would give if hdg 339,40+0.5 = 339,90 = 340. but also becaus you know what is posible to do in the lines. :smile:

and yes when you say so i can se it is logic as take the variable and add 0.5 that would give if hdg 339,40+0.5 = 339,90 = 340.

No, 339.4 gives 339 because the "math.floor" of 339.9 is 339. Only 339.5 and above will round up to 340. That's the point -- round up for .5 and above, down otherwise.

That is "normal" rounding, or "rounding to nearest".

Pete