The simFlight Network Forums

GPSout problems

i try to use FSUIPC to export GPS - Date to my PDA.

I'm using Win7 and FSX

I enabeled GPSout selected COM1: speed 19200 timing 500 ms output RMC GGA VTG

but i have no data on the PDA.

I used several years FS9 Win98 without problems.

what is wrong?

There is no difference between the separate GPSout.DLL you used with FS9 and the one built into FSUIPC4. There are the same. Maybe you have the wrong serial port, or possibly some other program (like the PDA's own service program) has taken control of it?

I assume FSUIPC is running okay? Have you checked the FSUIPC4.LOG file -- if it has problems getting the data from SimConnect then it cannot service the GPSout facility.

Also, you do not mention the version of FSUIPC4. If it is earlier than 4.60 please update.

Regards

Pete

• 3 months later...

I have the same issue.

I had my HTC X7510 PDA working perfectly as an external GPS (using either Google Maps or Topo Memory Map) with Win XP and using Pete's GPSOut recommendations from the FSUIPC Manual (I did however have to use Com Port 8, not 9). Now with Win 7 Ultimate, 64Bit, using exactly the same settings in FSUIPC, and the very same PDA, I get no apparent GPS data on any COM Port! My PDA appears to log onto the PC the same way as it did with Win XP, but the one difference this time is that with XP, the software was Activesync and now Win7 it's called Sync Center and with that, there isn't the same options to turn off the "sync" portion and simple connect the PDA via a USB connection - perhaps therein lies the problem? I am using FSUIPC Ver 4.60a. Any ideas anyone? Greg

I did however have to use Com Port 8, not 9

The COM port number will normally be different on every PC and every connection. It;s an arbitrary assignment by Windows or sometimes the BIOS on your PC. some USB/Serial drivers allow you to configure it in their 'Properties' dialogue.

Now with Win 7 Ultimate, 64Bit, using exactly the same settings in FSUIPC, and the very same PDA, I get no apparent GPS data on any COM Port! My PDA appears to log onto the PC the same way as it did with Win XP, but the one difference this time is that with XP, the software was Activesync and now Win7 it's called Sync Center and with that, there isn't the same options to turn off the "sync" portion and simple connect the PDA via a USB connection - perhaps therein lies the problem?

GPSout will certainly not be able to access the port if it is owned by the sync program. If you cannot turn it off you'd have to terminate it, ruthlessly if necessary (i.e. via the Task Manager process list).

Regards

Pete