The simFlight Network Forums

my traffic X with add on airports.

airlinerman87

The first thing that you can try is to disable all but one version of the airport. As an example I have KLAX as an addon airport. In the My Traffic/Scenery folder there is a LAX airport. The file name is something like BR2-KLAX.bgl rename this to BR2-KLAX.bgl.passive to deactivate.

The other thing to do is in your scenery library make sure that your addon airport that you want to use is at a higher priority than MTX and any other addon that might contain a bgl file of the airport that you are having problems with.

Normally, the simple solution to this is that the MyTrafficX scenery file is in the wrong level of your scenery.cfg file.

If you go to the scenery library within FSX, where is your MyTrafficX scenery folder located? Is it at a higher priority (lower number) than the add-on scenery, or lower priority (higher number)? It should be lower priority (higher number level) than any other add-on scenery package, but higher priority (lower number) than the default Microsoft scenery.

Provided that your add-on scenery comes with its own AFD file, putting the parking spots in the right place for the buildings, this will then overrule the MyTrafficX one and all will be well with the world. ;)

Cheers,

Ian P.

Thanks for the info.

The down side is that it's quite confusing I'm not a computer wizz in that department could you kindly send me some screens of what you are trying to explain to me, that would be easier for me to understand. I have found the mytraffic folder in the flight simulator folder there is that many folders I am getting confused with it all :(. So if anyone could send me some images that would be great, thanks.

OK... Once more. With piccies! :)

toscenlib.jpg

From the opening screen, select "Settings", then "Scenery Library".

scenlib1.jpg

Find your MyTrafficX scenery library entry (if you haven't added it, there's the problem!!!!), left click it once to select, then use the "Move up" and "Move down" buttons to do exactly what they suggest.

scenlib2.jpg

You need to get the entry into one of these two positions, depending on whether you have FSX Gold / the Acceleration Add-on pack or not.

If you don't have the scenery library installed, shout and I'll produce a photo tutorial to do that as well, but that'll require my other PC, as this one would keel over and die if I installed MTX on it. ;)

Does that help?

Cheers,

Ian P.

Once I get MTX reinstalled on my main PC (these were taken on my laptop - hence the very low settings!), I'll recreate those screenshots and edit the post using the correct scenery library entry. ;)

I do have one question, though, Burkhard... I'm not 100% sure about the positioning for Accel/Gold users. Should they be using the Accel airport layouts over yours, or are yours set up to match the Accel airports?

I'm sure there was a thread or post about it somewhere, but I can't find it.

Cheers,

Ian P.

The folder MyTraffic\scenery contains special version for Acceleration, as example BR2_KEDW.bgl.acc_pack . In this case, the standard BR2_KEDW.bgl should be renamed to BR2_KEDW.bgl.standard and the acc_pack file to BR2_KEDW.bgl.

Could be done through the communicator now I think about it...