The simFlight Network Forums

MTX Toolbox not appearing in game?

airlinerman87

Hi could someone help me fix the MTX toolbox option for some reason I cannot get it to show in the alt section of the game? I have got the SDK SP1 and SP2 installed but I have still got no luck of it appearing on the menu list.

If someone knows how to fix this can they let me know.

Chears.

P.S image help would be very helpful, thanks.

Microsoft has given this various names depending on the language version. It is called "Tools" in the English version and "Extras" in the German version, don't know about any other. It is not part of MyTraffic, but a part of FSX. So if you have it as "tools", don't search for "Extra"

If you also don't have that, please supply the information I requested above, that is needed to start any help.

The dll.xml is corrupt, remove the two "-" highlighted in red on line 2 and 7 and that will repair the dll.xml, you do still need the Acceleration SDK installing though if you have not done so already.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" ?>

-

Launch

dll.xml

False

False

-

Traffic Toolbox

False

False

..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll

Acceleration is a completely different program than SP2. You need to install the SDK for acceleration, which you find in the SDK folder of your acceleration disk, its an msi file there.

dll.xml looks OK on first glance, so first install the acceleration SDK.

I already did install them from the acceleration pack but still no tools menu in FSX

The dll.xml is corrupt, remove the two "-" highlighted in red on line 2 and 7 and that will repair the dll.xml, you do still need the Acceleration SDK installing though if you have not done so already.

-

Launch

dll.xml

False

False

-

Traffic Toolbox

False

False

..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll

ok thanks do I need to click on the repair button then as I already installed it? Do I only need to delete the red line or the whole line?

just gone onto my dll.xml and the lines aren't there when I open it up in word/notpad?

The only way I can see them is if I double click on it which opens it up on windows explorer so how can I do it, what's the other option to delete them

This is the config in explorer (when I double click)

-

Launch

dll.xml

False

False

-

Traffic Toolbox

False

False

which is what I sent before

and this is from wordpad and notepad

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

Launch

dll.xml

False

False

Traffic Toolbox

False

False

so how can I fix this problem then?

and this is from wordpad and notepad

Launch

dll.xml

False

False

Traffic Toolbox

False

False

so how can I fix this problem then?

I wouldn't recommend using wordpad at all for editing. It could leave invisible (to you) formatting when saving. Always use notepad.

You could try using an explicit path to the traffictoolbox.dll file.

e.g., if the traffictoolbox.dll file is located in C:\Programs\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK change the line from:

to

C:\Programs\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll

Adjust to where the file actually is.

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

I installed the FSX and SDK in the main folder like where everything else installs to

main C:/programfiles

Unfortunately this new forum completely spoils the format of the XML you provided earlier.

Can you just zip the file dll.xml from the %appdata%\Microsoft\FSX folder and attach it, I can try it here what it does...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi could someone help me fix the MTX toolbox option for some reason I cannot get it to show in the alt section of the game? I have got the SDK SP1 and SP2 installed but I have still got no luck of it appearing on the menu list.

If someone knows how to fix this can they let me know.

Chears.

P.S image help would be very helpful, thanks.

DUDE I AM HAVING THE VERY EXACT SAME PROBLEM AND SURE I HAVE A PICTURE or 2 TO PROVE IT!

The First Picture shows that I did correctly change the File "<Disabled>True</Disabled>" to "<Disabled>False</Disabled>"

The Second Picture shows that it is not appearing in the ALT Menu IN FSX

post-16862-092477000 1289957947_thumb.pn

post-16862-014706600 1289957962_thumb.pn

post-16862-082311400 1289957979_thumb.pn

DUDE I AM HAVING THE VERY EXACT SAME PROBLEM AND SURE I HAVE A PICTURE or 2 TO PROVE IT!

The First Picture shows that I did correctly change the File "<Disabled>True</Disabled>" to "<Disabled>False</Disabled>"

The Second Picture shows that it is not appearing in the ALT Menu IN FSX

And I also want to show you that One of my friends emailed me A DIFFERENT dll.xml File for the Traffic Toolbox, I have a picture of it. Could this dll.xml file be the correct one rather than the one already installed in %appdata%/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX?+LOOK VERY CAREFULLY UNDER THE CIRCLED AREA IN THE PHOTO. THE LINK TO THE ENVIROMENT KIT IS THERE...BUT ON MY PC, I DONT HAVE A FOLDER THAT IS EVEN CALLED "MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR X SDK" It is indeed a mystery!

post-16862-083090400 1289959358_thumb.pn

No idea who installed you the first copy you show, that is neither complete nor even basically correct XML syntax.

This is one you get installed by Microsoft when you install FSX SDK:

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>

<Disabled>True</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>

<Disabled>True</Disabled>

<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

with the one True changed to False, and is the working one IF

a) the file name path is correct and

B) the SDK installed i the one that belongs to the version of FSX you have installed.

OK Thank You Mr. Renk! Oh and one more thing. Is there any chance that the New Aircraft that are in My Traffic 2010 can be availble for me to use so that I can put them In MTX 5.1? Or I have to buy the whole thing because I want to add the new Seaplanes and The New GA Private Jets (Bombardier Challenger and others etc.)along with all the updated planes and how they look so so much better compared to that of MTX 5.1 If I can't however, Im gonna keep my hopes up high that I can get MTX2010 for Christmas!

-Kindest Regards

-AEROCLUB-Manager

• 2 weeks later...

OK Thank You Mr. Renk! Oh and one more thing. Is there any chance that the New Aircraft that are in My Traffic 2010 can be availble for me to use so that I can put them In MTX 5.1? Or I have to buy the whole thing because I want to add the new Seaplanes and The New GA Private Jets (Bombardier Challenger and others etc.)along with all the updated planes and how they look so so much better compared to that of MTX 5.1 If I can't however, Im gonna keep my hopes up high that I can get MTX2010 for Christmas!

-Kindest Regards

-AEROCLUB-Manager

I think I answered this several times already. MyTraffic 2010 is a simplified version of MyTraffic 5.2b Professional, marketed and supported by Aerosoft, not by Simmarket, this forum and me. The actual version of MyTraffic is 5.3a, just out two days ago now. MyTraffic 2010 contains nothing that isn't in MyTraffic 5.3a, other way round. So you need to upgrade from 5.1 to 5.3a. To do so, order 5.3a from Simmarket using the same account that ordered version 5.1, and you get it for 14€, which means you pay approx 0.2 cent per hour I worked on it in the meantime.

• 7 months later...

Burkhard,

For some reason my Toolbox in the FSX Free Flight Mode has suddenly disappeared.

I checked the versions of the toolbox and FSX Acceleration both were 10.0.61637.0.

I completely deleted SDK using the FSX uninstall and the reloaded SDK starting from the FSX Deluxe and working up through Acceleration as advised. I saw in the posts that I may have messed me up even further by doing this. Is this always correct? Is there a workaround besides deleting everything and reloading my OS?

I changed the path so it goes directly to the C drive location where SDK is located.

I have not added anything it just suddenly the toolbox was not there tonight.

I have attached a copy of the dll file for your review in zip mode.

I think you better start charging me a support fee!

Jim

dll.zip