The simFlight Network Forums

Changes not happening

gdafc1

I am trying to make changes to my flights as I am not a fan of the unrealistic flights at certain airports. I have read the documentation and have edited certain airlines from operating at at certain airports. I have also tried to increase traffic that should go there but doesn't. After doing this I save the MTX_V53.myt file and rebuild as per the order of the manual.

Summary

When auto-generating flight plans, it is recommended that you use the following order:

AutoSchedule My Planes

AutoSchedule Preferences (can be run twice to increase traffic density)

Random AutoSchedule

I run fsx and notice no changes to the schedules.

Very frustrating. Please can you advise what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Garry

Two things come into mind:

a) as per the manual you have to export the content of the data base now to FSX, which is done by running "Create all files and traffic". You did not mention you did this.

b) If you did this, and the command window flashed by only and did not last about 20 seconds or more, you may have missed the instruction from the manual to copy trafficdatabasebuilder.exe from the SDK folder to the MyTraffic folder, as we unfortunately are required not to do this for you by Microsoft law department.

If still not working, we need more information, as example about the operating system, if you have User Access Control on or off, and your detailed user rights about the MyTraffic folder, also the version of FSX and the SDK that you have installed.

Thankyou for the prompt reply. That seems to have done what I wanted. As you say I never read some steps in the manual.

Just to confirm

1. load database in editor

2.Make changes as required by me

3. Save database.

4.AutoSchedule My Planes

AutoSchedule Preferences (can be run twice to increase traffic density)

Random AutoSchedule

5. Run the "Create all files and traffic".

6. Start FSX and good to go!!

Please can you confirm that is the correct order?

Thanks

Garry