The simFlight Network Forums

Aircraft Problem

1. When the craft is powered up, The elevators and aelerons are fully turned to one side and not centered untel I move my flight yoke

2. when I taxi and make the takeoff run, my plane wants to go to the right slightly. when I try to compensate with my rudder pedels, I look like a drunken horse. (actually my aircraft, I look o.k.)

3. Any way of de-sensitising the rudder pedels? any little push with my feet over corrects.

Thanks

Tim

1. When the craft is powered up, The elevators and aelerons are fully turned to one side and not centered untel I move my flight yoke

That's normally caused by the joysticks being "asleep" until you start using them. Apart from the fact that it is good practice to move all the controls and check they operate the control surfaces correctly every time before any flight (as in real practice), which would solve that in any case, you could try turning off Windows' USB hub power management.

2. when I taxi and make the takeoff run, my plane wants to go to the right slightly. when I try to compensate with my rudder pedels, I look like a drunken horse. (actually my aircraft, I look o.k.)

I'm glad you look ok, I can't tell from here. But a tendency to turn one way or the other as you accelerate on the takeoff roll is quite normal. There are several factors which contribute:

Wind, "P-factor" (the torque from the rotation of the engine and propeller), and the effect of the air being blown back on the tailplane from the prop -- one side normally more, or higher, than the other depending on prop direction. I can tell you from experience in real aircraft that it is not easy to steer a straight line on the takeoff roll -- it needs practice.

You can reduce the effect of two of those factors by reducing some of the realism sliders in FS. The wind factor is up to you. Either don't take off in any crosswind more than a few knots, or practice. Turning the ailerons slightly into wind will help as it will keep some friction on the ground from both wheels rather than allowing one to lift.

If using your pedals makes the aircraft veer too much then either you are pressing them too far or they are just too sensitive. Rudder effectiveness increases with airspeed, so as you accelerate you should use less rudder in any case.

3. Any way of de-sensitising the rudder pedels? any little push with my feet over corrects.

If you have a registered copy of FSUIPC you can change the slope of any of the controls to flatten (lessen) the response near the centre (or vice versa). This is done by calibrating correctly and applying a suitable "slope".

Regards

Pete