The simFlight Network Forums

Realistic schedules

gdafc1

Hi

This is not a crticism of the product just my own preference. But is there a way to have realistic flightplans in My traffic 5.3 I use Edinburgh for alot of my flights and seeing traffic from Morroco, Turkey Tunisia just doesn't happen in real life. In my opinion unrealistic. Can this be changed, not just in Edinburgh here but across the board? If not, ot could be back to WOAI for me.

Thanks

Garry

The flights in MyTraffic come from two sources:

a) real world observations, data and schedules. Edinburgh is well covered by these data.

Unfortunately, these do not provide more flights than exist in reality, and since a few models still are missing ( shorts SD 30 comes into mind ), even less then the boring reality, which I know from my spotting experience up there no serious aircraft movement for a hour or more.

User unfortunatly complain if there is no movement within 3 minutes of scene startup, so we need

b) flights that could apear and make sense.

These typically are there at higher densities, while well observed schedules are at low densities, so the further you put the traffic density slider down the more you approach the boring reality.