The simFlight Network Forums

controls not assigning

Hello all

I have a few frustrating issues I desperately need resolving. I've tried several ways but to no avail!!

Firstly when I start my saved flight EGKK Gate 551 the ailerons are not in their 'neutral' point. (hope that makes sense) I have to move the yoke several times to move them. I have tried re-saving the flight with the ailerons set in their new position but this has made no difference.

Secondly when starting a new flight upon take off the aircraft tips and veers sharply to the right. I have found myself reassigning the ailerons (rather rapidly) through FSUIPC each flight.

The same can be said for throttle 2 and reverser 2. If I advance throttle 2 the reverser will deploy and then will just return to off and somtimes move rapidly on & off when it feels like it.

When landing sometimes the reversers work sometimes they don't, sometimes only one will and I find myself frantically moving the reversers to try to get them to deploy Sometimes this works and other times not.

I've checked in FS controls but there is no duplication of any of the controls. I have FSUIPC registered V3.98

Any advice would be very welcome

Thank you

AW

Firstly when I start my saved flight EGKK Gate 551 the ailerons are not in their 'neutral' point. (hope that makes sense). I have to move the yoke several times to move them. I have tried re-saving the flight with the ailerons set in their new position but this has made no difference.

Well, the position is saved in the flight, so it must be that your controls are feeding an incorrect value initially. Maybe they are sleeping -- check that you have Windows USB power management turned off. Otherwise it likes to turn off USB power when there aren't any signals going to or from devices.

Secondly when starting a new flight upon take off the aircraft tips and veers sharply to the right. I have found myself reassigning the ailerons (rather rapidly) through FSUIPC each flight.

Re-assigning should do nothing if they are already assigned. The only thing entering and exiting the assignments Tab would do is re-check the devices are still operating.

The same can be said for throttle 2 and reverser 2. If I advance throttle 2 the reverser will deploy and then will just return to off and somtimes move rapidly on & off when it feels like it.

When landing sometimes the reversers work sometimes they don't, sometimes only one will and I find myself frantically moving the reversers to try to get them to deploy Sometimes this works and other times not.

I've checked in FS controls but there is no duplication of any of the controls.

It most certainly sounds as if there are duplicate assignments. Have you disabled ALL controllers in FS? You have to use the drop-down list and do it for each one. If it isn't this it can really only be a severely broken device.

Why are you assigning in FSUIPC in any case? Are you using different controllers for different aircraft? You can calibrate controllers in FSUIPC for axes assigned in FS you know.

Regards

Pete

Hello Peter

Why are you assigning in FSUIPC an any case? So I can eliminate these issues rather than risk duplicate assignments. I'm using CH yoke and pedals and Revolution sim products TQ.

I have noticed since my first post that when I advance throttle 2 (this issue appears to happen only with throttle and reverser 2) (and this was me just experimenting) and say for exampleI perform a RTO, once the reverser has been operated then throttle 2 has to be re-assigned. Thats just what happens. Once that has been assigned the reverser plays up again and this is just going on & on. Going round in circles.

I've also noticed the values in the in/out boxes move with nothing being touched or operated.

How do I switch off Windows USB power management?

Thank you in anticipation of your help and advice.

AW

I have noticed since my first post that when I advance throttle 2 (this issue appears to happen only with throttle and reverser 2) (and this was me just experimenting) and say for exampleI perform a RTO, once the reverser has been operated then throttle 2 has to be re-assigned.

But there's no way assignments can be "lost". Can you tell me EXACTLY what you are assigning, where and how, please?

I've also noticed the values in the in/out boxes move with nothing being touched or operated.

That's an absolutely sure sign something is assigned which you obviously aren't aware of. FSUIPC cannot invent numbers to put in there, they are arriving from either another device or from an FS assignment! Or possibly even from some add-on program.

How do I switch off Windows USB power management?

Windows device manager, part of the "System" control panel applet. In the USB section -- check in all of the USB hub properties.

Thank you in anticipation of your help and advice.

I am pretty convinced you have dual conflicting assignments. However, I can't help you fix it very easily since you seem so adamant that you haven't. I suggest you temporarily remove your FSUIPC INI file (just move it or rename it), so FSUIPC makes a new default one with no assignments at all. Then see if anything operates, specifically throttle 2. If nothing, absolutely nothing, is assigned with a default FSUIPC setup then show me the FSUIPC INI file.

Unfortunately I am away on holiday with no internet access, from this evening until October 17th.

Regards

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

But there's no way assignments can be "lost". Can you tell me EXACTLY what you are assigning, where and how, please?

That's an absolutely sure sign something is assigned which you obviously aren't aware of. FSUIPC cannot invent numbers to put in there, they are arriving from either another device or from an FS assignment! Or possibly even from some add-on program.

Windows device manager, part of the "System" control panel applet. In the USB section -- check in all of the USB hub properties.

I am pretty convinced you have dual conflicting assignments. However, I can't help you fix it very easily since you seem so adamant that you haven't. I suggest you temporarily remove your FSUIPC INI file (just move it or rename it), so FSUIPC makes a new default one with no assignments at all. Then see if anything operates, specifically throttle 2. If nothing, absolutely nothing, is assigned with a default FSUIPC setup then show me the FSUIPC INI file.

Unfortunately I am away on holiday with no internet access, from this evening until October 17th.

Regards

Pete

Hello Peter

I don't quite know what a 'fast reply' consists of, however the option of a 'fast reply' suggests a 'quicker' reply than normal!! Umm!!

Anyway onto my issue with assignments. You were absolutely right. My CH yoke had indeed suffered a complete breakdown. That has gone now and been replaced with a suitable alternative.

My 'small' issue now is assigning the brakes in FSUIPC.

Firstly no matter how many times I delete the BRAKE/RUDDER axis assignments in FS (to avoid duplication) each time I re-start FS they are re-assigned so correct me if I'm wrong this would conflict with assigning in FSUIPC?

Secondly I have to dig my heels (quite heavily)into the CH pedals to prevent the brakes/differential brakes from being applied. Also when braking the aircraft veers sharply to the left. I am sure there is a simple solution to correct this?

I do admit whilst I have learnt a great deal regarding FSUIPC I still don't fully understand some parts of it so please excuse me for that.

If you have any further advice I would appreciate it.

Thanks

ALW

I don't quite know what a 'fast reply' consists of, however the option of a 'fast reply' suggests a 'quicker' reply than normal!! Umm!!

It's so quick it doesn't arrive! ;-)

Firstly no matter how many times I delete the BRAKE/RUDDER axis assignments in FS (to avoid duplication) each time I re-start FS they are re-assigned so correct me if I'm wrong this would conflict with assigning in FSUIPC?

Yes.

But FS wouldn't re-assign automatically unless you unplugged the device and reconnected it, so it looked like a new connection. Or possibly you have left Windows' USB power management enabled, and the device is being turned off to "save power", only waking up when you move the pedals. Try disabling power management on all USB hubs in the Windows device manager.

Secondly I have to dig my heels (quite heavily)into the CH pedals to prevent the brakes/differential brakes from being applied.

You need to calibrate is with the minimum setting (brakes off) set with your brakes pressed down a little. You always want a dead zone -- the step-by-step instructions for calibrating in FSUIPC does cover this. You need to follow them and be a little more generous with the movement allowed before braking occurs.

Also when braking the aircraft veers sharply to the left. I am sure there is a simple solution to correct this?

Yes. assuming you are pressing evenly with both feet (and that is not necessarily the case -- most folks have one leg/foot stronger than the other), then maybe you've not calibrated them well enough. In any case, all you need to do to compensate for a tendency to veer to one side is press a little lighter that side and heavier the other. Like steering a car, differential toe braking isn't an exact setting of the feet but a process of feedback from what you see and feel.

I do admit whilst I have learnt a great deal regarding FSUIPC I still don't fully understand some parts of it so please excuse me for that.

What is there to understand? In the matters you mention it is only calibrating, following the simple numbered steps, to achieve your personal desired operation.

Regards

Pete