The simFlight Network Forums

Canadian Armed Forces additions

edbu

Hello Burkhard

Let me first congratulate you on an excellent product My Traffic 5.3

Would it be possible at some point to include Canadian Armed Forces C130 flights and an afcad for CYOD Cold Lake a major Canadian base.

Thanks again for an amazing product.

Ed

Hi Burkhard

Most Canadian bases are covered in My Traffic 5.3

The main ones missing or needing upgrade afcad are CYLT Alert mainly for C130 traffic

CYMJ Moose Jaw main training base also home of the CAF Snowbirds aerobatic team.

and OAKN Afganistan major U.S. and Canadian base.

Thank-you for acting so fast on my suggestions.

I look forward to the next release.

• 1 month later...

Hello Burkhard

Thank-you for incorporating all the changes I suggested in MyTraffic 5.3a.

All the Canadian air bases are now very busy.

You have created an amazing product.

All the best Ed

I thank you very much for the data and suggestion. The way MyTraffic works it took me one evening to add this, completely worth the efforts if one user is happy. I encourage all of you to post such wishes, observations, early enough so that they can be added to make the best still better. And the bast date to add wishes for 5.3b is today!

Hi Burkhard

I am enjoying all the new features of 53a.

One small issue the paint my29 for the Canadian airforce C17 seems to be missing.

It shows up as a black plane no textures

I redid the install twice and I still have the same problem each time.

The c130 and Hawk everything is fine.

Thanks Ed

Hi Burkhard

I am enjoying all the new features of 53a.

One small issue the paint my29 for the Canadian airforce C17 seems to be missing.

It shows up as a black plane no textures

I redid the install twice and I still have the same problem each time.

The c130 and Hawk everything is fine.

Thanks Ed

That is something to patch, finally :lol:

That is something to patch, finally :lol:

Chasing this turned out to be a hard thing. On one install (DX10 mode), I could not verify this to happen, both C130B and C130J30 disply properly. Another install (DX9 mode ) crashed FSX at CYTR, a crash not to happen without C130MX folder. I then copied and pasted the content of the sim.cfg file into another file, made this the new sim.cfg, and now FSX no longer crashes ther and I see the Hercs in as much colour as they have - again one of these famous hidden characters in a text file?

I uploaded a new complete C130MX folder to http://uploading.com/files/4d4372dd/C130MX.zip/ , could you check if this changes to the good?

Chasing this turned out to be a hard thing. On one install (DX10 mode), I could not verify this to happen, both C130B and C130J30 disply properly. Another install (DX9 mode ) crashed FSX at CYTR, a crash not to happen without C130MX folder. I then copied and pasted the content of the sim.cfg file into another file, made this the new sim.cfg, and now FSX no longer crashes ther and I see the Hercs in as much colour as they have - again one of these famous hidden characters in a text file?

I uploaded a new complete C130MX folder to http://uploading.com/files/4d4372dd/C130MX.zip/ , could you check if this changes to the good?

Next version: http://uploading.com/files/8e2e8f59/C130MX.zip/ has the duplicate My30 folder removed.

I too can confirm that the missing texture for the C-130 I mentioned in another thread is fixed with this update, Burkhard. Many thanks!

That is good news, I even hope now the single crash report is covered as well, so I will prepare this change for the first official Patch. Converning the C17, ddoes your folder C17MX contain an texture.my30 subfolder, and what is in there?

• 2 weeks later...