The simFlight Network Forums

FS2004 dynamic pressure value out?

Hi Pete

It seems that the dynamic pressure (Q) FSUIPC value at &30D8 has changed in FS2004

As an example, with FS2002 and FSUIPC 2.975, this value is returned as 103.14 lb/ft^2 (at standard pressure altitude of 6,000 ft and TAS of 190.9 kts) and this value (1/2 rho*v^2..with units who are well ;-)) is correct as regard density, altitude and aerodynamical data

With FS2004 and FSUIPC 3.03 under same pressure altitude, temperature (standard), and speed conditions, the returned value is 0.00218..Did MS changed the units or do you think it could be a FSUIPC problem

I didn't check 3.04 for that but you didn't mention any change about that in your announcement

This value is of paramount importance for flight tuning..of course, if missing, it can be calculated from true air density (from static ambiant temperature and pressure altitude) and TAS (I did that before you provided it in previous FS2002 FSUIPC versions) but it's much more comfortable and "safe" to have it directly (so as to be as close as possible..)

Thanks Pete for your help

Hervé

It seems that the dynamic pressure (Q) FSUIPC value at &30D8 has changed in FS2004 ...Did MS changed the units or do you think it could be a FSUIPC problem

It probably needs finding in SIM1.DLL. I'm only about half-way through the main table so far. The only other values that I've definitely found are those folks have asked for already.

Until now no one asked for this one. Now, I'll look for it and if I can find it in time I will map in back in version 3.05.

This value is of paramount importance for flight tuning

It may well be, but I had only 3-4 weeks after receiving FS2004 Gold before FS2004 was released and most of that time I spent trying to get basics working, like some weather control for instance. Since then I've been 100% working on FSUIPC and adding in variables as I've found them and as folks asked.

If you remember, with FS2002 some things took over a year! I'm doing quite well in comparison, but it takes so much time and it is very hard work.

For these things I am not expert, and I do not understand even what I am looking for. I am a programmer, not an aeronautical engineer. So I am completely dependent upon experts like yourself.

I will look, but I may need you to help find the value which looks correct. Please email me on petedowson@btconnect.com and I may send a test version for you to use and identify the value.

Regards,

Pete