The simFlight Network Forums
prowler

Can FSC....?

Can Flightsim Commander do the following:

1. Manually set an "altitude after" or "altitude crossing" to a waypoint? (I read where FSC doesn't "do" TOD and TOC and relies on addon aircraft FMC's...but what about manual entries)?

2. Set a VOR or NDB as a "bearing point" and not an actual waypoint in the flightplan?

3. Manually enter a "Fix", and move it to my desired location?

I ask because I have used FSNavigator since I first started using MSFS (FS98). There are several things I don't like about FSNav...inability to get latest SIDS/STARS from Navigraph. Inability to get latest PACOTS/NATS from the web and place them on the planner.

But...the functions I ask about, above, are VERY important when I fly the various rallies (GAAR, DCA World Rally, etc.) which always involve something other than an FMC equipped aircraft (DC3, Aerocommander, etc.). If I can't lay out a flight plan according to the rally route, including Beginning of Descent, End of Climb (including multiple climbs / descents in one route), Navaids as "bearing points" only and custom "fixes"...then FSC might not be of much use...in rally situations.

In non-rally situations these requirements will not matter very much to me, but I'd still like to have them.

Also...FSNav is a "module" placed in FS9, whereas FSC, I believe, is "stand alone". What will be the differences? Will FSC require more of my system resources (thus robbing FS9)? How hard is it to switch from FS9 to FSC view (what keypresses, etc. are involved)?

I am not trying to support one product over another...just trying to find out the differences and see if FSC would be worthwhile for me.

Thank you

Vic

Hi Vic,

all the comprehensive information you get when you downloading and reading the latest manual.

For more information on the new FlightSim Commander V9 can be found here:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/65099-fsc-90/

Regards,

Volker

So, from what I read in the manual:

#1. No.

#2. No.

#3. Yes.

And...being a stand alone you cannot run FS in Full Screen.

Thank you Volker.

So, from what I read in the manual:

#1. No.

#2. No.

#3. Yes.

And...being a stand alone you cannot run FS in Full Screen.

Thank you Volker.

If you happen to have another PC or laptop available, you can run FSC on it via WideFS. It is a great set-up that allows you to run both apps full screen with no fps penalty.

Phil