The simFlight Network Forums

Lost my Top Dpem view

I lost my top down view in FSX, it was assigned by default to F12 but it doesnt work now, sometimes it interacts with F10 which is 2D cocpit, I tried assigning it to other free key as X, but when hit, the replay screen appears, although in the keyboard list it shows as assigned to Top Down view.-

I tried reseting keyboard controls to default, but no way.- As I thought FSUIPC maybe interfering, I disabled it by moving FSUIPC.dll and FSUIPC.ini to other folder, but again no way.-

I have all my controls managed by FSUIPC, (CH Yoke, Quadrant and Pedals) so they were disabled within FSX.- Afterwards as I found the panning view works smoother within FSX, I reenabled controls and to avoid conflicts deleted all joystick controls and buttons in FSX with the only exception of panning view which I mapped to my CH Yoke hat, leaving keyboard assignments as they were.-

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Do you have this problem with all aircraft or just particular ones? The reason I ask is that I've noticed that some aircraft like the Airbus X from Aerosoft and the Beechcraft be60 from Realair cause the default F9-F12 keys to stop working correctly, it even breaks the functionality in any other aircraft that you use in the same FS session.

The only way I can get the keys working correctly again is to load a different aircraft other than these two and then close FSX and restart it. I think it's a bug in the way the cameras work in FSX.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have this problem with all aircraft or just particular ones? The reason I ask is that I've noticed that some aircraft like the Airbus X from Aerosoft and the Beechcraft be60 from Realair cause the default F9-F12 keys to stop working correctly, it even breaks the functionality in any other aircraft that you use in the same FS session.

The only way I can get the keys working correctly again is to load a different aircraft other than these two and then close FSX and restart it. I think it's a bug in the way the cameras work in FSX.

No, the problem is not specific to any aircraft.- I read in other forum that maybe an external aplication "steals" the F12 keystroke, but I cannot find any.-

I found can I can reach the top down view by hitting "A" in sequence.-

Thanks