The simFlight Network Forums

keyboard commands

Hello,

Im just purchased the registered version of fsuipc with the hope i can assign commands to my keyboard to pmdg 744X, but it doesnt seem to work

Here are my steps:

I loaded a flight in FSX, went to addons, selected fsuipc.

Selected Key presses

From the program keyboard controls here pressed set

typed in H

from the menu selected auto throttlle arm

pressed OK

After this back to the cockpit I pressed H but nothing happened.

Before all this i have deleted all key commands in the fsx control menu not to cause any problems.

I use windows 7 professional 64 bit FSX sp2 REX2 pmdg 747X

My specs: asus p6t deluxe v2 intel core i7930@3,8ghz 12GB ddr3 asus gtx295 and 280 zalman cnps10x extreme corsair hx650

Sorry for my english it is not my native language

Any help would appreciated

Thanks very much

Laszlo Meszaros

I loaded a flight in FSX, went to addons, selected fsuipc.

Selected Key presses

From the program keyboard controls here pressed set

typed in H

from the menu selected auto throttlle arm

pressed OK

Er ... all that seems a total waste of energy when FS already has a keyboard shortcut assigned to that control. Check its list in Settings-Controls-Buttons/Keys. It's assigned to Shift+R by default. If you wanted to use H instead you could have changed it there.

After this back to the cockpit I pressed H but nothing happened.

It certainly would have if you'd used a default aircraft. Most PMDG and other sophisticated aircraft add-ons don't use the FS-implemented autopilot and autothrottle, but their own. You'd need to find out how to assign in that aircraft, not in FS or FSUIPC. FS controls are directed to FS, that's why they are called FS controls.

Before all this i have deleted all key commands in the fsx control menu not to cause any problems.

Deleting FS's assignments of keypresses to FS controls and then assigning them in FSUIPC to FS controls doesn't really make much sense. If all you want to do is assign keypresses to FS controls you can use FS, either defaults or reassign. Apart from which there's no conflict with keypresses -- those assigned in FSUIPC will take precedence over the same keys in FS. It is only with joystick buttons, axes and switches you need to take such care, because Windows allows multiple users to read the same devices.

Regards

Pete

Thanks for your fast reply.

To tell you the truth i've tried to assign keycommands in the pmdg menu before and didnt worked thats why i thought fsuipc will help me.

I've just tried to assign a jostick button command but also nothing happened.

Laszlo Meszaros

I've just tried to assign a jostick button command but also nothing happened.

If you are assigning to FS controls and the aircraft doesn't support those controls, then obviously nothing will happen.

I'm pretty sure most things on the PMDG aircraft are either susceptible to the FSUIPC Mouse Macro facilities or the L:Var system. Check out the User contributions sub-forum on this -- I just looked and this thread is relevant and even provides the plug-in to allow you to assign butons or keypresses to all sorts of things in that aircraft.

PMDG 747X commands (upd 9th April)

Regards

Pete