1) Will this cause any issues?

2)I will not delete them

Andrew

Hi Volker,

1) Will this cause any issues?

2)I will not delete them

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

try to save a flight plan. If this work, let it be as it is.

If not, uncheck the read only box and replay.

Volker

That box is only "highlighted." Since there is no "check mark" in the empty box, it is NOT set at all...

This is easily verified by simply clicking on the empty, highlighted box. You will see a "check mark" appear, indicating that the option is now SET to "read only." Click once more to remove the "check mark."

Hi Andrew,

try to save a flight plan. If this work, let it be as it is.

If not, uncheck the read only box and replay.

Volker

Volker,

I was of the understanding that the evaluation copy is fully functional with the restriction that the program will automatically terminate after a period of 30 minutes and that flight plans cannot be saved.

Andrew Dixon

That box is only "highlighted." Since there is no "check mark" in the empty box, it is NOT set at all...

This is easily verified by simply clicking on the empty, highlighted box. You will see a "check mark" appear, indicating that the option is now SET to "read only." Click once more to remove the "check mark."

Thanks Bill

Andrew

That's not entirely correct, Bill. A filled in square like that shown states that different files have different settings. Therefore, if the square is filled in solid, at least one file in the selection group has the read-only attribute applied.

A check mark, as you describe, states that all files and folders are set to read only. Only an empty box, as per the "hidden" box in the screenshot, states that no files or subfolders in the selection you are showing the properties of are not set to read only.

Ian P.

That's not entirely correct, Bill. A filled in square like that shown states that different files have different settings. Therefore, if the square is filled in solid, at least one file in the selection group has the read-only attribute applied.

A check mark, as you describe, states that all files and folders are set to read only. Only an empty box, as per the "hidden" box in the screenshot, states that no files or subfolders in the selection you are showing the properties of are not set to read only.

Ian P.

Ian, that's not quite correct either. For example, I can check the Properties for a folder that contains no files whatsoever, yet the folder's Properties will still display the blue-highlighted "Read Only" box!

If I examine a folder which contains two files, one of which I've marked as "Read Only," the folder's Properties still displays only a blue-highlighted yet unchecked "Read Only" box.

If I click on the blue-highlighted "Read Only" box, a checkmark appears, and it is no longer highlighted in blue. When I click again to remove the checkmark, the box reverts to the blue-highlighting...

I can't answer that, unfortunately. I can state for a fact that highlighting an entry on any of my PCs, or at any time in the past, does not colour the box. Having multiple different files with different settings does. Unless American and British Windows have been different for the last 20 years, anyway! ;)

Possibly a settings thing? I've just checked it on both Vista 32 and 7 64 and it works exactly as I described above. Admittedly, I haven't tried it with an FSC folder, just picking a folder at random and playing.

Ian P.