The simFlight Network Forums
Pushe

Unable to save flight plan path

Dear Volker,

This evening I upgraded my version 8.6 to 9.

Installation went smoothly and databases were updated.

During the set-up however I find myself with the following problem:

In de windows -> options, tab Flight Plan, I am unable to save the changed path for the flight plans.

For your information, I have installed FSC in a network, that means FSC is running on 1 computer and FSX is running on another.

The Folder Flight Simulator X files map is mounted on a drive: “Y:”

This drive is fully accessible in the network.

When I choose this drive and “close” the window, I am still unable to save and open flight plans.

This problem I had already with the former version, but I could always browse to the corresponding map. In the new version this isn’t possible anymore.

Do I miss something or can you suggest something? :rolleyes:

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Etienne

post-18087-086971000 1288724985_thumb.jp

1. FSX

2. FSUIPC 4.6/ WideFS 6.78version used<B><BR siber__q92dpb7seovvtbh5__vptr="5cbc500"></B>3. FS Commander 9 29.10.10 / Database Manager 9.0 build 09.10.10

4. Aerosoft

5. Windows 7- 32b for FSC /Windows 7- 64b

Presuming that you haven't registered it yet, Etienne, (which as there are problems with the keycode generator not working yet, I would presume to be the case) then when in trial mode, one of the limitations is that you cannot save files.

Ian P.

Presuming that you haven't registered it yet, Etienne, (which as there are problems with the keycode generator not working yet, I would presume to be the case) then when in trial mode, one of the limitations is that you cannot save files.

Ian P.

Hi, Ian,

Thank you for the reply, but no, I'm not in the trial mode. I had a registered 8.6 and a have a registered 9 version.

Before I was able to save by browsing, today that is not possible anymore.

Etienne

Hi, Ian,

Thank you for the reply, but no, I'm not in the trial mode. I had a registered 8.6 and a have a registered 9 version.

Etienne

Hello to all the team,

I confirm the post of Etienne. Same problem for me. I've also the registered version. By the way also impossible to save a choosen aircraft into the aircraft window <_<

Hi, Ian,

Etienne

Same here :( Entire right side of the Save/Load window is been greyed out as well.

Hans

Hello to all the team,

I confirm the post of Etienne. Same problem for me. I've also the registered version. By the way also impossible to save a choosen aircraft into the aircraft window <_<

Hello Sascha and Volker,

For your information I've resolved the two problems as follow :

1. On my PC with FSX I've shared the whole drive C: included of course the file "Flight Simulator X Files" and now it works inside my network laptop dedicaded for FSC;

2. Selecting the aircraft ... it was my fault because I've forgotten to push the "selected button above".

Now everything is OK.

In any case thanks for your great job and Best Regards from Belgium. :grin:

Hello Sacha and Volker,

For your information I've resolved the two problems as follow :

1. On my PC with FSX I've shared the whole drive C: included of course the file "Flight Simulator X Files" and now it works inside my network laptop dedicaded for FSC;

2. Selecting the aircraft ... it was my fault because I've forgotten to push the "selected button above".

Now everything is OK.

In any case thanks for your great job and Best Regards from Belgium. :grin:

Unfortunately my FSC is not on a network, but on my C: drive of Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I am running FSC as Administrator, still no success :(

Hans

Hello Timonier,

I would rather not like to share my whole C:\ drive on my FSX computer. I don't either think that this the problem.

I attempted to change the FSC.ini file ( I read in some post that the FFPATH09 and FFPATH10 were not updated), but it didn't work. For some reason FSC only grabs back to C:\FSC9\Flightplan\FSC folder.

Hello Volker,

could you please give me an idea, since I can't use FSC at all.:???:

regards,

Etienne

Hi all out there,

I have been fooling around a little with different tests and could find out following:

All flightplans are saved in the C:\FSC9\Flightplan\FSC\ folder. If in the window "flight plan - save as" Flight simiulator X is marked, the flight plan will also be saved in the FSX flight plan folder (logic isn't it). In my case "Y:\"

To open a saved flight plan, it only can be done from the C:\FSC9\Flightplan\FSC\ folder.

Since I don't make other flight plans than with FSC, this is Ok for me.

I hope this clears a little bit how it works and my own confusion, for all struggeling with the same, if any. icon_redface.gif

regards,

Etienne

Hi all out there,

I have been fooling around a little with different tests and could find out following:

All flightplans are saved in the C:\FSC9\Flightplan\FSC\ folder. If in the window "flight plan - save as" Flight simiulator X is marked, the flight plan will also be saved in the FSX flight plan folder (logic isn't it). In my case "Y:\"

To open a saved flight plan, it only can be done from the C:\FSC9\Flightplan\FSC\ folder.

Since I don't make other flight plans than with FSC, this is Ok for me.

I hope this clears a little bit how it works and my own confusion, for all struggeling with the same, if any. icon_redface.gif

regards,

Etienne

Hi Etienne,

as you can see on the attached screenshot: I have mounted My Documents on my Laptop as Drive Z:\\.

And you see below Drive Z:\ the folder Flight Simulator files.

In your screenshot the Box below your Y:\ drive are empty.

Read also the manual, chapter Appendix, Page 120 and watch the screenshots

Regards,

Volker

post-6634-075195300 1288807412_thumb.jpg

Hi Etienne,

as you can see on the attached screenshot: I have mounted My Documents on my Laptop as Drive Z:\\.

And you see below Drive Z:\ the folder Flight Simulator files.

In your screenshot the Box below your Y:\ drive are empty.

Read also the manual, chapter Appendix, Page 120 and watch the screenshots

Regards,

Volker

The same issue for me! Despite mounting the folder "Flight Simulator Files" after sharing in the network from c: as V: (the folder with the .pln-files). I tried different possibilities e. g. sharing C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\My PC\Eigene Dateien\ as X:\ and choosing from here Flight Simulator Files and so on. That doesn't work either!

Hi Volker,

That is correct, since the "Y" mounted drive is the FSX flight plan folder. With other words, Y\: is equal to C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Flight Simulator X files\ -> in my "root Y" drive are the flight plans, that is why it is shown empty.

Where you share your "\Documents\" folder and indicated the path Z:\Flight Simulator X Files, I shared the "Flight Simulator X files" folder and incated the path Y:\ in FSC. To me this is the same........ or not?

Regards,

Etienne

PD. As you can read in my previous reply, it now works. Thanks however for answering!

Hi Volker,

That is correct, since the "Y" mounted drive is the FSX flight plan folder. With other words, Y\: is equal to C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Flight Simulator X files\ -> in my "root Y" drive are the flight plans, that is why it is shown empty.

Where you share your "\Documents\" folder and indicated the path Z:\Flight Simulator X Files, I shared the "Flight Simulator X files" folder and incated the path Y:\ in FSC. To me this is the same........ or not?

Regards,

Etienne

PD. As you can read in my previous reply, it now works. Thanks however for answering!

If I copy all my .pln-files from the Plan-Folder to the named FSC-Folder and try to open a plan, I get the following message: "Sorry! This is not a valid FSC flight plan!"

Greetings Andreas

If I copy all my .pln-files from the Plan-Folder to the named FSC-Folder and try to open a plan, I get the following message: "Sorry! This is not a valid FSC flight plan!"

Greetings Andreas

Hi Andreas,

please send a plan you can't open to my e-mail adress which you find at the botton on our homepage.

Regards,

Volker

My name is David and I to have a Reg version of FSC 9 and it will not save all my flights, so far two out of four. I use XP and FSX is on a seperate drive to "C" drive. The flight planes are stored n the folder flight plan in FSX and FSInn but the message I get when I try to open them is "sorry this is not a valid FSC flight plan". Would you like me to send a plan also. David.