The simFlight Network Forums

default c172 warning panel offsets

I am trying to replicate the functionality of the warning panel in the FSX Cessna C172. I cannot figure out how to tell what data fsx uses to light the warnings ( L Low Fuel R, VAC, OIL PRESS, VOLTS).

Can anyone assist? None of these seem to be in the list of standard offsets.

I am trying to replicate the functionality of the warning panel in the FSX Cessna C172. I cannot figure out how to tell what data fsx uses to light the warnings ( L Low Fuel R, VAC, OIL PRESS, VOLTS).

Can anyone assist? None of these seem to be in the list of standard offsets.

No, but the fuel quantity is, the vacuum is, the oil pressure is, and the battery voltage level is. You'd have to check whether these are below some threshold -- you'll need the C172 reference data for those values.

Pete

No, but the fuel quantity is, the vacuum is, the oil pressure is, and the battery voltage level is. You'd have to check whether these are below some threshold -- you'll need the C172 reference data for those values.

Pete

An Insufferable fool needs to learn to fish so he can eat for a lifetime...

Where in the world can I find those values? I have been through the users guide, advanced users manual and list of FSX controls. If it is not enumerated in the FSUIPC docs somewhere, how do I find the values?

Your humble servant awaits you guidance, Sensei.

Where in the world can I find those values? I have been through the users guide, advanced users manual and list of FSX controls. If it is not enumerated in the FSUIPC docs somewhere, how do I find the values?

Users guides are for users, not developers. The full offsets lists in the FSUIPC SDK (standing for "Software Development Kit") details all of the information FSUIPC can supply. The SDK is provided for exactly such purposes, for folks to develop software and mechanisms linking to FS and driving whatever they need. The SDK package has been available for all of the 12 years that FSUIPC has been available, and continually maintained for each successive version of FS.

Regards

Pete