The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
hvw

Importing FSX flightplans?

In FSC8 I was able to use flightplans generated by FSBuild for FSX and FSC. Now with FSC9 I can't import flightplans from the FSX flightplans folder, nor can I use FSBuild generated flightplans for FSC any longer. Is there a way to circumnavigate this?

Regards,

Hans

FSC9

FSUIPC registered

FSX SP2

FSBuild

Windows7-x64 Ultimate

Hi Hans,

you have never been able to import FS flight plans into FS Commander. No version ever allowed this. The reason is simply that the FSC flight plans require information which FS flight plans do not provide.

Regards

Sascha

Hi Hans,

you have never been able to import FS flight plans into FS Commander. No version ever allowed this. The reason is simply that the FSC flight plans require information which FS flight plans do not provide.

Regards

Sascha

Hi Sascha,

You're absolutely right. I erred in that I indeed was able to have FSBuild generate FSC8 compatible flightplans. Now these flightplans no longer seem compatible with FSC. (They were in FSC8, I am 102% sure :)).

I tried to load such a flightplan (a FSC8 one generated by FSBuild) in FSC9 and was slapped around the head with the message "Sorry! This is not a valid FSC flight plan". Is there a way to make this flightplan valid again?

Thanks,

Hans

Hi Sascha,

You're absolutely right. I erred in that I indeed was able to have FSBuild generate FSC8 compatible flightplans. Now these flightplans no longer seem compatible with FSC. (They were in FSC8, I am 102% sure :)).

I tried to load such a flightplan (a FSC8 one generated by FSBuild) in FSC9 and was slapped around the head with the message "Sorry! This is not a valid FSC flight plan". Is there a way to make this flightplan valid again?

Thanks,

Hans

Hi Hans,

the answer is NO because the new flightplan contains also the data for the transition.

Regards,

Volker

Hi Hans,

the answer is NO because the new flightplan contains also the data for the transition.

Regards,

Volker

Thanks Volker,

Hopefully Ernie Alston will shortly come up with an update to FSBuild providing a possibility to generate FSC9 compatible flightplans. Why do I want such a feature I hear you ask. Well, as I am using a few programs in combination with FSC (a.o. FSC, ASE and the likes) I'd prefer to generate a flightplan once, as FSBuild was able to do for those apps I am using with FSX at the same time. In the current situation I have to, at least, make a flightplan twice, one for FSC9 and one with FSBuild for the rest of the applications :). (Yes, I'm kind of lazy :))

Kind regards,

Hans