The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
uluetz

GPS WIndow always on Top

Hello,

I just would like to verify if the GPS Window can stay on Top on the FS Commander Window.

When I activate it it is always hidden by the main program.

Thanks

Uli

Hello,

I just would like to verify if the GPS Window can stay on Top on the FS Commander Window.

When I activate it it is always hidden by the main program.

Thanks

Uli

Hi Uli,

while reading the manual, page 19, Always on top ...

Regards,

Volker

i too had the same issue, regardless of if "GPS Always on top" was checked or not.

I fixed it (sort of) by uninstalling FSC 9 AND my old FSC 8.6, and then re-installing FSC 9 only (re-installing both did NOT work). It seems to work now, sort of. I say "sort of" because FSC 9 does not seem to interact well with ASE (Active Sky Extreme). If you load ASE, and then load FSX from ASE (per HiFi instructs for best results), then load up FSC 9 afterwards, FSC does not connect to FSX. Maybe just my system, don't know.

Thanks

Bill

Hi,

I found the mystery solution and it all drives me back to an already known issue back from 8.6.

Sometimes the position of the GPS Window gets massed up. Don't know why and never been told but the solution found in the old forum Section for 8.6 guides us to the fsc.ini.

There you find the section [map].

below [map] you will find the following 2 entries:

1. GPSWINX=15600
  2. GPSWINY=225

I had some really freaky values there. Like

• GPSWINX=35600
  • GPSWINY=35250
What these values do is to position the GPS Window in your screen.
Obviously with values as high as I had the Window is out of range and will not be visibel.
So to correct just edit fsc.ini and adjust to a lower value. Like:
  1. GPSWINX=550
  2. GPSWINY=550

start FSC and see where youre Window is. From now on it will save the actual position.

Uli

Edited by uluetz